Your last generator Maintenance Run

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run
#5,722  
Some right-scary examples there Patrick :oops: !

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,723  
Thank you Patrick.
rule number one: don't overload your extension cords
rule number two: don't leave coiled extension cords coiled when in use
rule number three: see rule number one

this could be a real issue in boats and rvs that have powered hose reels for power cords. They are rarely pulled all the way out so some part of that 50 amp cable is rolled up.
Same with fire trucks, emergency trucks always have electric cord reels for lights.
I'm a retired insurance underwriter and fireman. Always interested in what causes fires...

it's the electric heaters that likely cause the problems. Plug a couple of them into a 20 amp circuit and bring out the waffles because you have a toaster.

Maybe if they made all extension cords at least 20 amp that would help. Copper is too expensive, so many of those extension cords are rated for 12.5 amps, not 15 or 20.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,724  
I’m needing some help here. I’m back in the powerhouse to configure the low oil pressure switch for the Yanmar.
The switch is normally closed with no pressure and opens at 30+ psi. I have a time delay relay I think will do the job but I can’t wrap my head around it.
2 photos are attached one of the relay configuration and the other shows the connections to the AGS.
The yellow wire from the relay going to terminal 12 is the run signal and must have 12 or 24 volts applied for the unit to run. The other small yellow wire goes to an led light for status. So obviously the power to #12 must be removed if low oil pressure is detected to shut the engine down.
The relay timing can be adjusted from zero to 60 seconds.
Thank you
90cummins
4174B0F4-9A08-46AD-9813-0E8DD7FD59B8.jpeg
E570B243-72A6-41CD-9F0E-9782569DC1B8.jpeg

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,725  
Sorry guys the full image didn’t transfer
C1FBC3F8-B1B3-494F-8286-2FD23F7BAE8F.jpeg

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,726  
If your oil sensor opens when pressure is detected, wont that kill circuit 12 and shut down generator?

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run
#5,727  
Not sure if the power controller delay will play with this scenario..., or if you'll need the relay......

Use a pullup resistor (to +12 or +24) to supply the Run line, then use the oil pressure switch to pull the line down to ground at the "bottom" of the resistor.

If the oil-pressure comes up fast enough (wrt. Max Power Controller delay), pressure switch opens, and allows the Run line to "see" the +12 or +24 through the resistor.

(I don't know the details of that Run input line - may be some OE recommended protections or configurations for the input line, but above scenario will give you "logic" to use that P. sensor switch).

Can't sketch/scan easily at the moment, sorry just words at the moment....

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,728  
If your oil sensor opens when pressure is detected, wont that kill circuit 12 and shut down
Yes it will.
Thats why I think I need a relay and possibly a time delay for this to work.
Time delay will bypass grounded pressure switch allowing engine to start & run while oil pressure builds up then put the pressure switch back into the circuit (oil psi contacts open) allowing engine to run.
If switch closes due to low oil psi it grounds and opens the relay controlling power to wire #12 to shut down the engine.
90cummins

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,729  
Not sure if the power controller delay will play with this scenario..., or if you'll need the relay......

Use a pullup resistor (to +12 or +24) to supply the Run line, then use the oil pressure switch to pull the line down to ground at the "bottom" of the resistor.

If the oil-pressure comes up fast enough (wrt. Max Power Controller delay), pressure switch opens, and allows the Run line to "see" the +12 or +24 through the resistor.

(I don't know the details of that Run input line - may be some OE recommended protections or configurations for the input line, but above scenario will give you "logic" to use that P. sensor switch).

Can't sketch/scan easily at the moment, sorry just words at the moment....

Rgds, D.
I have no idea what a pull-up resistor is.
The #12 run input is only looking for the run signal which is 12v.
Time to stop trying to think eyes are crossing🙄
90cummins

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,730  
Yes it will.
Thats why I think I need a relay and possibly a time delay for this to work.
Time delay will bypass grounded pressure switch allowing engine to start & run while oil pressure builds up then put the pressure switch back into the circuit (oil psi contacts open) allowing engine to run.
If switch closes due to low oil psi it grounds and opens the relay controlling power to wire #12 to shut down the engine.
90cummins
Do they make a normally open pressure switch? Most generac oil switches are that way.