Your last generator Maintenance Run

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,761  
Well, I didn’t know it was a “dumb“ charger, meaning that it could possibly overcharge the battery? let’s check out what the owners manual says, and then if needed I will use one of my smart chargers.
check, I'm guessing it's "dumb", meaning at best it turns off when fully charged, no extra features. For sure better charged with anything than nothing...
the real question to me is do they say you can leave it plugged in all the time?

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,762  
check, I'm guessing it's "dumb", meaning at best it turns off when fully charged, no extra features. For sure better charged with anything than nothing...
the real question to me is do they say you can leave it plugged in all the time?
I agree. We’ll have to dig out the manual and have a look.

By the way, it was a real pain to take the battery out to bring it in for the winter. Had to take one of the wheels off!

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,763  
As i recall, there designed to stay plugged in. I know the small wall wort charger that came with my new cyclone rake says it is a battery maintainer, shuts off after battery is fully charged.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,764  
I honestly don't know if my gen charges the battery when it's running. One would ass-ume so.
But I don't care, I put my smart charger on it at least three times a year and make sure it's fully charged, desulphated, etc.
Smart chargers are the best; that little black box can't have one quarter the brains my Nuco charger has.

Older lady friend bought a dual fuel gen like mine, I think a Wen, on my recommendation and my house present next time is a
little 1amp Nuco genius charger. She can't hand start that big engine, no way. That battery has to work.

I believe the manual says it charges battery while running.
I got mine today, as noted in a couple other threads, but disappointed to find <23% THD, which is awful, not something you want anything electronic on.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,765  
I got mine today, as noted in a couple other threads, but disappointed to find <23% THD, which is awful, not something you want anything electronic on.
the 7k from harbor has the same rating. i also have a cheaper crappier unit. i ran for years, i assume thd was even higher. never destroyed a thing....

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,766  
pretty choppy waveform with all that thd...does a good UPS on your computer help here? can it clean up THD? or GIGO?
I only know enough to be dangerous here...
:rolleyes:

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,767  
pretty choppy waveform with all that thd...does a good UPS on your computer help here? can it clean up THD? or GIGO?
I only know enough to be dangerous here...
:rolleyes:
You need a Double Conversion UPS for getting rid of crunchy AC like that.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,770  
In Italy I have seen the voltage go from 25 volts to over 400 volts. I watched the meter. Military site.
We had to use the big diesel generator the receivers would have been fried

willy

Last edited: