YT235 down again!

/ YT235 down again! #11  
I think Yanmar is number one. Just curious, who is the pump made by.

I needed a Hydraforce cartridge for my Cushman Mower. They supply to Deere and Cat amoung many other manufacturers. Wait for part was around 25 weeks as I recall, all the time with the machine down. Say they can't find enough workers in the states.

/ YT235 down again!
Waiting for parts that long is not right, no matter the maker. This tractor is just over a year old. It has been in the show three times, each for extended periods. Each time, the part was availably locally but Yanmar refused to use that source. One of the parts was hanging on the wall at the local parts store or avilable in a couple of days. I understand that tractors break down but a year old tractor should not spend months in the shop waiting for parts. If this was a new pickup, all kinds of **** would have been made by whoever owned it. This will be my last Yanmar. If they won't support the tractor correctly, I won't support them

/ YT235 down again! #13  
Waiting for parts that long is not right, no matter the maker. This tractor is just over a year old. It has been in the show three times, each for extended periods. Each time, the part was availably locally but Yanmar refused to use that source. One of the parts was hanging on the wall at the local parts store or avilable in a couple of days. I understand that tractors break down but a year old tractor should not spend months in the shop waiting for parts. If this was a new pickup, all kinds of **** would have been made by whoever owned it. This will be my last Yanmar. If they won't support the tractor correctly, I won't support them
I totally agree, they should only sell Yanmars in Countries where they can PROPERLY support Yanmars.!! Americans demand better service than other Countries do!!.

/ YT235 down again!
Here we go again. The 235 is headed back to the dealership for the fourth time. Same problem. . .fuel in the crankcase, (just over an inch this time). The Yanmar guess this time is the injectors. They have been ordered but Yanmar is insisting the they be replaced one at a time until the problem is resolved. How many weeks and trips taking the thing back is anyones guess. I would think by now Yanmar would just replace the three injectors and get rid of the problem. Of course, they are not the onces with the broken tractor and they do not care how many trips to the dealership it takes to do it their way. I am now reading the state's lemon law and have contacted Yanmar corporate in writing. I have never been so sorry that I purchased a product.

/ YT235 down again! #15  
Here we go again. The 235 is headed back to the dealership for the fourth time. Same problem. . .fuel in the crankcase, (just over an inch this time). The Yanmar guess this time is the injectors. They have been ordered but Yanmar is insisting the they be replaced one at a time until the problem is resolved. How many weeks and trips taking the thing back is anyones guess. I would think by now Yanmar would just replace the three injectors and get rid of the problem. Of course, they are not the onces with the broken tractor and they do not care how many trips to the dealership it takes to do it their way. I am now reading the state's lemon law and have contacted Yanmar corporate in writing. I have never been so sorry that I purchased a product.

That sucks but also sounds like a dealer issue. I know the dealer I have would just install them all and claim they found it on the last one.

Chris

/ YT235 down again!
Definitely not a dealer issue. They are as frustrated as I am with the process. They wanted to replace all three, solve the problem and send me on my way. It is definitely Yanmar that is throwing the fly into the ointment. I would purchase from the dealer again but it would not be a Yanmar.

/ YT235 down again! #17  
I can't think of any way an injector could possibly cause this, it sounds more like bull to me!!..

/ YT235 down again!
I have talked to three non-yanmar diesel mechanics and they all agree that it could be the injectors. In fact, they all said that is a common issue on some engines. Unfortunately, Yanmar wants to do one at a time to see which one it might be. This is after months of guessing at the problem and replacing parts that did nothing.

/ YT235 down again! #19  
I have talked to three non-yanmar diesel mechanics and they all agree that it could be the injectors. In fact, they all said that is a common issue on some engines. Unfortunately, Yanmar wants to do one at a time to see which one it might be. This is after months of guessing at the problem and replacing parts that did nothing.
so how could the diesel get from the cylinder to the crankcase without huge amounts of excess smoke??..

/ YT235 down again! #20  
so how could the diesel get from the cylinder to the crankcase without huge amounts of excess smoke??..

I agree. On an engine that small I would think it would have to either be missing on one cylinder and/or smoking terribly. Both would be obvious to the operator. I have ran several diesel engines that DID get fuel in the oil through bad injectors and without much visible symptoms but those were engines that burned 150-200 gallons of fuel per day. A quart or so of unburned fuel per day on those engines didn't really add much to the visible exhaust smoke.

The only other way I can see it being an injector is if the fuel tank is positioned above the injector and fuel is somehow gravity feeding through the injector when it is parked.