ZD 1211 recall ?

/ ZD 1211 recall ? #31  
Good to know I'll keep that in mind if i ever have a tank stop flowing. I just put about 8 gallons in mine i thought i filled it last winter before parking it

Looks like blowing out the vents on the caps is a good thing to do occasionally and not wait for a problem?

/ ZD 1211 recall ? #32  
There is an informational service bulletin that came out a few weeks back addressing uneven fuel flow. It essentially says to draw from one tank at a time. It is not a campaign or service action.

My ZD 1211 tanks won稚 equalize; with both valves open it will drain the lh tank (iirc) & the engine will die. Haven稚 tried to run it off the still full tank, just filled empty tank to finish mowing. Replaced fuel filters didn稚 help, gonna take fuel lines apart today check for obstruction . Understand owners manual says to run off one tank at the time, but wondering if any problem/harm leaving both valves open?
Also having a hard time understanding why there is not SOME equalizing?

/ ZD 1211 recall ? #33  
My ZD 1211 tanks won稚 equalize; with both valves open it will drain the lh tank (iirc) & the engine will die. Haven稚 tried to run it off the still full tank, just filled empty tank to finish mowing. Replaced fuel filters didn稚 help, gonna take fuel lines apart today check for obstruction . Understand owners manual says to run off one tank at the time, but wondering if any problem/harm leaving both valves open?
Also having a hard time understanding why there is not SOME equalizing?

There is an equalizing tube, between tanks, on top of the frame behind the seat.

/ ZD 1211 recall ? #34  
I assumed the line from tank to tank behind the seat thru the frame was for venting ?

My ZD1511 was only draining one tank because the other valve was CLOSED under the tank :laughing:

/ ZD 1211 recall ? #35  
I assumed the line from tank to tank behind the seat thru the frame was for venting ?

My ZD1511 was only draining one tank because the other valve was CLOSED under the tank :laughing:

The tanks are vented .. via the tank caps.

/ ZD 1211 recall ? #37  
We got a "recall" notice on our Kubota ZD1211 mower that I'm going to get checked out. Evidently .. a few of their radiator overflow tanks have mis-formed outlets on the bottom hose connection. The dealer says they can check it .. on the trailer so .. I won't have to unload, unless it needs to be replaced.

Anyone else get the notice?