ZD1511 72" REAR DISCHARGE INFO & BLADE OVERLAP

/ ZD1511 72" REAR DISCHARGE INFO & BLADE OVERLAP
I mow straight up & down my biggest banks with my 110" RFM on 66hp JD IN 4WD but you can FORGET it when wet.
Thers NO WAY a Zero wld climb it or have control going Down.

Once you cut the grass, thers no traction on the damp grass going down.

I can Totally see where the Z would get out of control.

/ ZD1511 72" REAR DISCHARGE INFO & BLADE OVERLAP #12  
I mow straight up & down my biggest banks with my 110" RFM on 66hp JD IN 4WD but you can FORGET it when wet.
Thers NO WAY a Zero wld climb it or have control going Down.

Once you cut the grass, thers no traction on the damp grass going down.

I can Totally see where the Z would get out of control.

Ergo why don't cut wet grass if it can be avoided..Whether with my Z or BX...Wet cutting isn't too good for the decks anyway. I can wait for the sun.

/ ZD1511 72" REAR DISCHARGE INFO & BLADE OVERLAP #13  
Ergo why don't cut wet grass if it can be avoided..Whether with my Z or BX...Wet cutting isn't too good for the decks anyway. I can wait for the sun.

I wait for the sun also. But when I had the Zs sometimes the grass still seemed a bit slick and/or my grass was lush and thick and slick being tall which is my normal length before I mow and the wild ride down would kick in and it has never happened with any of my Fs. I don't mow short grass, only when it gets tall and thick.I do prefer mowing early vs late and maybe there is still a few drops of moisture in the grass. Just saying I've owned Fs for years and a couple of different Zs for a couple of years and the Zs are gone to never return as long as I live on my sloped/hillside lot.:D

/ ZD1511 72" REAR DISCHARGE INFO & BLADE OVERLAP #14  
For cutting hills for me the BX's are the way to go period. The next mower that I buy will be a rear discharge thinking that the advantages will far overcome any dis advantages. Was hoping that it would be a Front Mount but I found a deal on a Hustler 3500 front mount and could not pass it up.

/ ZD1511 72" REAR DISCHARGE INFO & BLADE OVERLAP #15  
For cutting hills for me the BX's are the way to go period.

Interesting that you'd pick a BX over a 4wd Kubota F for mowing. I have both and both are mountain goats but the F is the best mower but that's about all it does. Dedicated mower.

/ ZD1511 72" REAR DISCHARGE INFO & BLADE OVERLAP #16  
BX is a great mower, but for me the zd is much faster, but as the years keep adding up I would like to go to the F.

/ ZD1511 72" REAR DISCHARGE INFO & BLADE OVERLAP #17  
Guess this is the best way to put it and I have all three
Speed open areas front mount wins with zero turn close second BX left in the dust
Speed few trees house etc front mount still wins zero turn still nipping at it's heel's BX slow but catching up
Speed lots of trees bushes buildings etc Zero Turn is ahead front mount getting slapped in the head just behind with the BX still closing in
Hills steep maybe wet tall grass thick grass will be done when I get done BX finally winner and Chicken Dinner 4 wd front mount got close but could not get around the BX 2 wd front mount got stuck in the bottom of the hill trying to get turned around with the zero turn waiting for the BX to come back and pull them out.
Point is they all are great mowers in their own world and not any one will shine in every area. I'm just so happy that I have all three to choose from a lot of folks aren't that lucky. But in the event I could only have one guess it would have to be a BX it's a lot like me Slow and Old School but the 4 wd front mount would be a really close second:)

/ ZD1511 72" REAR DISCHARGE INFO & BLADE OVERLAP
What hp is your BX ?
Pix ?

/ ZD1511 72" REAR DISCHARGE INFO & BLADE OVERLAP #19  
What hp is your BX ?
Pix ?

Most BX's (depending on model) are like 18-24hp..Little billy goats though as I can attest. I stopped cutting with mine when I bought the ZD724. It's a digger and mover only now. I keep the MMM on for COG and underbelly protection...Kinda stupid for a 2k option, but I have it.

/ ZD1511 72" REAR DISCHARGE INFO & BLADE OVERLAP #20  
Guess this is the best way to put it and I have all three
Speed open areas front mount wins with zero turn close second BX left in the dust
Speed few trees house etc front mount still wins zero turn still nipping at it's heel's BX slow but catching up
Speed lots of trees bushes buildings etc Zero Turn is ahead front mount getting slapped in the head just behind with the BX still closing in
Hills steep maybe wet tall grass thick grass will be done when I get done BX finally winner and Chicken Dinner 4 wd front mount got close but could not get around the BX 2 wd front mount got stuck in the bottom of the hill trying to get turned around with the zero turn waiting for the BX to come back and pull them out.
Point is they all are great mowers in their own world and not any one will shine in every area. I'm just so happy that I have all three to choose from a lot of folks aren't that lucky. But in the event I could only have one guess it would have to be a BX it's a lot like me Slow and Old School but the 4 wd front mount would be a really close second:)

Which Kubota 4wd F are you using for this comparison? I to have all three or had all three Kubotas. Even had a 2wd Kubota F at one time and two Kubota F 4wds. I've also owned all but the BX18?? in the BXs and currently own a BX2370-1. Sold the Kubota ZD326 and Kubota Z121 so I have compared different Zs, BXs and Fs. No way any BX would beat the 4wd Kubota Fs I've owned/own. The F will beat the BX in quality of cut and speed and mountain goating at a faster speed.
But I do agree with most of your story. I did get my F 4wd stuck in a swampy area once with the big wide turf tires just spinning and loaded with mud. I guess I only disagree with the BX beating the 4wd F going up mountain even on tall and even wet grass. My 30 HP F would beat my current 23hp BX and even my former 26hp BX. I to am glad I don't have just one.:thumbsup: