ZD1511 72" REAR DISCHARGE INFO & BLADE OVERLAP

/ ZD1511 72" REAR DISCHARGE INFO & BLADE OVERLAP
Is 18k the fastest Blade Tip Speed of ANY Kubota's ?
I'm thinkin the Govnt limits this ?

I changed my Befco RFM gearbox pulley diameter & run my JD in E-PTO at 2400 eng rpm to get 23K BTS

Nobody has mentioned blade overlap specs yet.
Does anybody have a NEW set of blades to measure cutting tip to cutting tip ??

/ ZD1511 72" REAR DISCHARGE INFO & BLADE OVERLAP #23  
Which Kubota 4wd F are you using for this comparison? I to have all three or had all three Kubotas. Even had a 2wd Kubota F at one time and two Kubota F 4wds. I've also owned all but the BX18?? in the BXs and currently own a BX2370-1. Sold the Kubota ZD326 and Kubota Z121 so I have compared different Zs, BXs and Fs. No way any BX would beat the 4wd Kubota Fs I've owned/own. The F will beat the BX in quality of cut and speed and mountain goating at a faster speed.
But I do agree with most of your story. I did get my F 4wd stuck in a swampy area once with the big wide turf tires just spinning and loaded with mud. I guess I only disagree with the BX beating the 4wd F going up mountain even on tall and even wet grass. My 30 HP F would beat my current 23hp BX and even my former 26hp BX. I to am glad I don't have just one.:thumbsup:

F3680 that my BIL let me use to see how I would like front mount machines
I am curious as to the Hydraulic Whining noise on the F series machine. As I mentioned before I bought a Hustler 3500 machine that has the Shapiro 30 horsepower unit and the way it is constructed is totally different from the Kubota's we have put about 40 hours on it so far and have been impressed. I say that because there is no Hydraulic noise from that machine whatsoever and wonder why the different types of construction. I do know the cost new of the Hustler machines was considerably higher than the Kubota maybe that why their built differently.
That said the mower decks are totally different and there is a difference in the overlap of the Hustler and the Kubota with there being more with the Hustler.
I have not seen any difference in the mowing Quality between the 2 and Given the option of mower decks would go with the Rear Discharge

/ ZD1511 72" REAR DISCHARGE INFO & BLADE OVERLAP #24  
Is 18k the fastest Blade Tip Speed of ANY Kubota's ?
I'm thinkin the Govnt limits this ?

Interesting thought on limit, most mowers I looked at had 18 and some change for blade tip speeds.

/ ZD1511 72" REAR DISCHARGE INFO & BLADE OVERLAP #25  
Rear discharge had slower blade speed was one of the biggest negatives I could find but that might not be a negative if that makes sense. Could just be a difference

Brett

/ ZD1511 72" REAR DISCHARGE INFO & BLADE OVERLAP #26  
I would think the physics of deck depth coupled with blade type and speed makes for the finest cut. One characteristic is not going to be best quality cut without the other(s).

/ ZD1511 72" REAR DISCHARGE INFO & BLADE OVERLAP #27  
My blade speed and quality of cut is based on how fast the engine rpms. I run mine at full or almost full throttle for the best cut in high (over 5" high grass when I mow) grass. If the grass is lower (which it rarely is for me to mow) then a lower rpms works OK. When I do the three foot high grass I always use full throttle.
The rear discharge deck also has a narrowed discharge opening so the opening isn't 72" wide and the grass gets double cut on the Rear discharge the way it's designed. The chute is wider than the side discharge which is why the rear discharge spreads the cut grass out better over a wider area of the ground instead of narrowing it down to shoot it across the yard which is OK as long as two cut runs don't shoot to the same row. I guess side discharge lets the grass also get cut several times as one goes back and forth recutting it or not.

Good points guys :D
BTS less than 18k just don't cut good & smooth IMHO.

I'm still leaning towards rear discharge IF BTS is 18k.

I'm wondering if the ZD1211 3cyl D1105 1123cc 24hp could be turned up a little ?
The old ZD331had a D1305 1261cc 31hp engine.

Last edited:
   / ZD1511 72" REAR DISCHARGE INFO & BLADE OVERLAP #29  
Good points guys :D
BTS less than 18k just don't cut good & smooth IMHO.

I'm still leaning towards rear discharge IF BTS is 18k.

I'm wondering if the ZD1211 3cyl D1105 1123cc 24hp could be turned up a little ?
The old ZD331had a D1305 1261cc 31hp engine.

The 1211 is the same as the higher hp 26hp 326. Only difference is they backed down the governed rpm. I was like 3100 or 3200 before to get the higher hp, now it'll only do 3000. Everything else motor wise is the same from what I could tell. The changed the deck to better use the lower hp. The blades are awesome on the 1211 too. Probably 3 times thicker than normal blades. I sharpened a set and they were more like brush hog blades than lawn mower ones

Brett

Went to a dealer today & drooled all over a ZD1511 72" Rear Discharge unit
Man I like it but just ain't sure on tier4 DPF BS.