zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #22  
Too bad that isn't true... It would make the decision a lot easier...

SR

In the mid mount category it is. For a front mount it’s debatable.

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #23  
I would have little doubt that there are players in that business of commercial turf care that have a lot more experience than Kubota. Having said that, same could be said for Skidsteers and particularly tracked loaders, but Kubota seems to be taking that industry segment by storm.

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #24  
Started with A Kubota ZD 28 and then moved up to a ZD 331. It is fast sturdy and built very stout. It can go fast through tall grass and still give a nice 72 inch cut. Sold the 15 ft woods batwing and now mowing only with the ZD. No change of implements and always ready

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #25  
I've seen more than one guy on line that bought a mid mount Kubota and wasn't happy with it...

Around here, we have plenty of Kubota dealers, but I don't see all the landscapers rushing out to buy them! I do see them with Toro's and Grasshoppers though.

SR

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #26  
Nothing but green and stainless loaded on landscape trailers around here.

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #27  
Started with A Kubota ZD 28 and then moved up to a ZD 331. It is fast sturdy and built very stout. It can go fast through tall grass and still give a nice 72 inch cut. Sold the 15 ft woods batwing and now mowing only with the ZD. No change of implements and always ready

Eeeeeew. I think I stepped in something. :rolleyes: You went from a 15' cutter to a 6' cutter? :confused3:

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #28  
Finishing my 2nd season with this. Lots of hills for me, a standard ZT would destroy my lawn.

Front tracking steering wheels was the ticket, still ZT . Tons of power, have an aluminum clamshell powered bagger.

Not like Cub Cadet residential

My only complaint is the mower is on the verge of too heavy...

IMG_7020.PNG

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #29  
In the mid mount category it is. For a front mount it’s debatable.

I have a Kubota ZD331 72”. Bought it used for 7500 with 1400 hours in average to good condition. I had to rebuild the center gearbox on the deck last month. $600. :thumbdown:
I still am convinced its an excellent zero turn. I mean grasshopper uses Kubota diesels. Kinda funny reading someone say grasshopper is better when they used Kubota diesels, and who knows what else in their zero turns.
I think Ferris might be the very best mower though.

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #30  
I have a Kubota ZD331 72”. Bought it used for 7500 with 1400 hours in average to good condition. I had to rebuild the center gearbox on the deck last month. $600. :thumbdown:
I still am convinced its an excellent zero turn. I mean grasshopper uses Kubota diesels. Kinda funny reading someone say grasshopper is better when they used Kubota diesels, and who knows what else in their zero turns.
I think Ferris might be the very best mower though.

From a durability standpoint I don’t think anything can compete with a Kubota ZT. They’re all around built like a tank but the notable changes over other brands is no pump drive belts, a dedicated transmission case like pretty much all other equipment vs pumps and motors with hoses to go bad, no deck drive belt, and that heavy double deck belt that lasts forever. Did your gear box have oil in it when it failed?