zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #41  
One thing I would like to improve on my ZD 331 is to add an air suspension seat like the one on the M7040 grammar seat. Recently looked at the ZD 1511 and it comes with air suspension seat. Saw a posting some time ago that talked about a retrofit on the ZD 331. Any experience on doing this?

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #42  
m7040 makes a great point on seats. I would recommend sitting on your final choices. There is a world of difference when it comes to operator station and comfort. Especially so if you have an estate lawn or a farm lawn. LOL.

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #46  
To me, it is more about the engine brand. I am a fan of Kawasaki and Honda engines.

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #47  
If your willing to pay for the best then compare the Kubota F2690 and Kubota ZD1211, both diesel and both have suspension seats for comfort and make your purchase. Kubota owns most new Kubota equipment until it sells and they offer unadvertised savings to dealers who pass them to the buyer. Kubota sells are strong so no seasonal decreases/discounts, usually but for reasons only they know they do offer savings dollars thru their dealers.
The ZD is great around objects but not as good as the F in open field mowing. The steering wheel is much easier to keep on track than the two levers on anything but a paved parking lot.

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE
I'm in the same position and have looked at dozens of colors......
for the price point of 5k have come down to Ariens Apex 52".

Reason is: ZT3100 hydros, 5" depth fab. deck and 5 gal. fuel tank, 22" wheels. Deck adjustment/hanger is solid metal rod not chains.
eXmark Radius uses the Chinese copy of the Kawaski, (reading all those trade wars lol???).
Have reading reviews out the wah-zoo for months......and spoke with my Gravely/Ariens dealer (a New Holland dealer).
So got his real world feedback as well......
he was puzzled as to the lower price point of the Apex, but chuckled at "well, I see why you chose the Apex over the Gravely HD"

So, good luck feel your pain but know that once you choose one you'll be a happy camper.
So far have not met one person that said, "wish I got the tractor so i could mow longer"....lol....:D

Thank you Wiley, it took me a while to figure that one out, i'm a little slow. You have done your home work and just like high school, i'm gonna look over your shoulder.

Also, thx to everyone else. I'm reading every post and appreciate your input.

I have to come to terms with the fact that I can't take it with me, and there will plenty left for the survivors.

I found a lower hour kubota diesel about 4 hours from here. I promised myself I wouldn't buy used but, I did buy a used kubota rtv and it's great, and 80% off a new model!

As far as buying colors. I've said it before, there are lots of great tools out there but I won't buy anything but Rigid. The tools are fine but the way they treat the customer is unique. They do the right thing and in their case, it's not a cliche.

With that said, I just bought the top of the line Rigid chop saw from HD. I also bought the portable stand. I screwed up again and for some reason I chose delivery for the stand and store pick up for the saw so, cancel saw order and reorder and wait. I guess I had to specify shipping for all products, vs the entire order. It happens.

I was both surprised and disappointed with the stand. The quality is fine but, it' made in China. It's virtually impossible to buy some stuff that does not come from china. The box was also trashed and ends of the pipes that form the structure were squashed a little making it impossible to slide the handle pipe into the frame pipe. That's why they make hammers! I beat it to fit, paint it to match! Way less trouble than returning. If the saw is made in china, i'm done with rigid!

Last edited:
   / zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #49  
Thank you Wiley, it took me a while to figure that one out, i'm a little slow. You have done your home work and just like high school, i'm gonna look over your shoulder.

Also, thx to everyone else. I'm reading every post and appreciate your input.

I have to come to terms with the fact that I can't take it with me, and there will plenty left for the survivors.

I found a lower hour kubota diesel about 4 hours from here. I promised myself I wouldn't buy used but, I did buy a used kubota rtv and it's great, and 80% off a new model!

As far as buying colors. I've said it before, there are lots of great tools out there but I won't buy anything but Rigid. The tools are fine but the way they treat the customer is unique. They do the right thing and in their case, it's not a cliche.

With that said, I just bought the top of the line Rigid chop saw from HD. I also bought the portable stand. I screwed up again and for some reason I chose delivery for the stand and store pick up for the saw so, cancel saw order and reorder and wait. I guess I had to specify shipping for all products, vs the entire order. It happens.

I was both surprised and disappointed with the stand. The quality is fine but, it' made in China. It's virtually impossible to buy some stuff that does not come from china. The box was also trashed and ends of the pipes that form the structure were squashed a little making it impossible to slide the handle pipe into the frame pipe. That's why they make hammers! I beat it to fit, paint it to match! Way lees trouble than returning. If the saw is made in china, i'm done with rigid!

Youd be shocked to find out what is made in China. About 10 years ago, I struck up a conversation with a fella in a HD check out line. He was wearing a Case-IH Magnum windbreaker jacket. I told him I was a big fan of Case IH agriculture equipment. He told me he just moved to PA from Minnesota because they closed the Case-IH Magnum engine foundry and moved it to China. :( This is where they cast the blocks for the big 8-12 liter 250-600HP AG diesels.
You could see how much it upset him.
I was quite saddened and disgusted, too.
I hope we can continue to make better trade deals and continue to allow the right to work to bring those jobs back.
My 2020 RAM was made in Mexico. It has an American made Cummins Engine and transmission in it. Im ok with that, but not thrilled.
I hear DC is opening a new plant in the Midwest and the heavy duty RAM trucks will once agin be built in USA in a few years.

/ zero turn mowers EXPENSIVE #50  
Most folks who are heavy brand loyal, always say that same thing.

SR

That is true. For smaller AG or construction equipment, I lean heavy on Kubota. They don’t have a lot of weaknesses and have a great market presence (sales, service, parts). I don’t find they take a lot of shortcuts and tend to make more parts & assemblies in house than others. They generally make their own engines, transmissions, final drives and accessories. I like that. I can generally repair most issues myself because they are built with simplicity/serviceability in mind.
For bigger AG equipment, I like the AGCO brands (Massey Ferguson, Heston, Fendt, etc). They chose their dealers carefully and are very farmer friendly.

That being said, I have 2 Kubota 130HP chore tractors and a Kubota ZD331 zero turn. Overall very pleased and minimal repairs, but I have a bunch of other brands. Usually it’s affordability and dealer offers that makes my final purchase decision. Kubota seems to fit nicely as a blend of quality and affordability.