Zero Turn Tires

/ Zero Turn Tires #11  
I've had Carlisle Field Trax on a JD X500 and the Carlisle Versa Turf's currently on my Massey subcompact. The Versa Turf's have been better with traction and not tearing up the lawn than the Field Trax, but the Field Trax were still pretty good. My property is all hills and most are fairly steep.

/ Zero Turn Tires #12  
My Hustler X-One is a 1200 lb mower, and the AT101's stopped the spinning that the turf tires always did. Simply put, the AT101's give you awesome traction, so you don't make skid marks, you just give yourself whiplash! I did change to K turns instead of turn on a dime turns. I can do them just as fast and not leave a mark in the grass.

/ Zero Turn Tires #13  
An AT101 is the only tire to have on a ZT.

/ Zero Turn Tires #14  
I put some Sedona Bazooka ATV tires on mine and has worked-out very well for a couple of years now. My machine is only 800 lbs. plus my 220 lbs. makes it less than others so the extra traction really helped on my hilly ground. Only took a little while to re-learn turns and now I tear up less than the turfs did when they would slip & slide on wet OR dry grass.

/ Zero Turn Tires
My Raptor SDX only weighs 666lb. Maybe that's part of the problem.
I put some Sedona Bazooka ATV tires on mine and has worked-out very well for a couple of years now. My machine is only 800 lbs. plus my 220 lbs. makes it less than others so the extra traction really helped on my hilly ground. Only took a little while to re-learn turns and now I tear up less than the turfs did when they would slip & slide on wet OR dry grass.
Those look like what I'd need but they don't come in my size. I've found some others under ATV-All Terrain.

/ Zero Turn Tires #16  
I started a thread on zero turn tires a few years back looking for a solution to the same problems that you are having. I ended up going with the Kenda K472 bar tread tires. I am still running them and am very pleased.

/ Zero Turn Tires
I started a thread on zero turn tires a few years back looking for a solution to the same problems that you are having. I ended up going with the Kenda K472 bar tread tires. I am still running them and am very pleased.

Several people have suggested this type (paddle) tire. Seems like it's be too aggressive. My tires only have about 100 hours on them. And laying out about $200 isn't chicken feed.

EDIT: I read thru that old thread and am now leaning towards the bar type tires. WHile I do K turns when I'm turning in the hilly sections it's the braking and getting the up-hill wheel to back up that is the issue.

I also suspect the drives need some adjustment as they don't seem to react the same. The left seems to spin much easier than the rights side.

I was also considering wheel weights.

Last edited:
   / Zero Turn Tires #19  
Just some other options:
Spartan Mowers and Bad Boy Mowers both come with "special" tires that are supposedly only made for them, but Kenda makes the ones for Bad Boy (called "Reaper", bias-ply, Kenda K3012). If you check ebay and search for something like "Bad Boy tires" with your size you can find them. Here is just 1 example:

The Spartan tire tread is radial and looks like this:
I haven't found the manufacturer but you can buy the tires online at the above link or at your local Spartan dealership.

Last edited:
   / Zero Turn Tires
Just some other options:
Spartan Mowers and Bad Boy Mowers both come with "special" tires that are supposedly only made for them, but Kenda makes the ones for Bad Boy (called "Reaper", bias-ply, Kenda K3012). If you check ebay and search for something like "Bad Boy tires" with your size you can find them. Here is just 1 example:

The Spartan tire tread is radial and looks like this:
I haven't found the manufacturer but you can buy the tires online at the above link or at your local Spartan dealership.

Those treads aren't much different from the Big Bite
1631725932466.png