Zero Turn Tires

/ Zero Turn Tires #31  
My zero turn 26x12-12 tires take just over 9 gallons each, for a total weight of 140 lbs of antifreeze. That makes a difference on slopes.

/ Zero Turn Tires
My zero turn 26x12-12 tires take just over 9 gallons each, for a total weight of 140 lbs of antifreeze. That makes a difference on slopes.
I agree. An additional 140 lbs is an increase of 17%. Since I don't like these tires and I have a tire groover I am going to groove the heck out of them Before dropping $200 on the AT101 or similiar.

/ Zero Turn Tires #33  
I agree. An additional 140 lbs is an increase of 17%. Since I don't like these tires and I have a tire groover I am going to groove the heck out of them Before dropping $200 on the AT101 or similiar.

I have grooved my last 2 R4 tractor tires, which made a big difference in snow. I was tempted to groove the ZT turf tires, but put some chevron type tread tires on my backup diesel mower for banks instead.
Good luck with the grooving… report back!

/ Zero Turn Tires
I also grooved my R4s. I don't have pavement but I think it helps.

/ Zero Turn Tires #35  
If I had R4s, I think there would be black rubber worms all over the place by now.

/ Zero Turn Tires #36  

Attachments

• Tires_A.jpg
    Tires_A.jpg
    807.6 KB · Views: 114
   / Zero Turn Tires #38  
I think that's what I need. These flat profile turf tread tires spin all the time. I was also wondering if I should add some weight to the rear; steel plates or something.

Are those Carlisle??
I didn't add any weights. Tires have been working great.

/ Zero Turn Tires
Considering these as Carlisle doesn't make 22x11-10
1651000921972.png

or these
1651001007480.png

Last edited: