MOLINE, Illinois (January 5, 2015) — Three years in the making and backed by over a half-century of experience in the woods, the John Deere M-Series Tracked Feller Bunchers and Tracked Harvesters are officially making their debut. The latest additions to the John Deere family of tracked forestry machines include the 800M and 800MH-Series Reduced Tail Swing, setting a new standard in midsize machines, along with the 900M and 900MH-Series that improve upon John Deere’s industry-leading large-size machines.
To develop the M-Series Tracked Feller Bunchers and Tracked Harvesters, John Deere enlisted loggers from around the world to form a Customer Advocate Group (CAG). The CAG provided real-world insights on what they need in a machine to be successful. Inspired by their feedback and validated by thousands of hours of testing in every day conditions, John Deere listened and responded with machines that change the game in terms of uptime and productivity.
“When we designed our new midsize and large-size machines, we relied on the input of the people who are in the machines every day – our customers,” said Cliff Caudill, Manager, Product Marketing, John Deere Construction & Forestry. “After collecting invaluable customer input, we spent over 11,000 hours testing the machines until we got them exactly right. The result is a new fleet of machines that redefine the meanings of uptime, productivity and low daily operating costs.”
The M-Series machines are built for the way loggers work, and the proof is in their feedback:
- “It’s so important to get customer input into a product because we’re the ones who spend our lives in the equipment. These machines are very well built, and they represent pretty much everything we asked Deere to build.”
– Mark Maenpaa, K&M Logging, Thunder Bay Canada
- “John Deere addressed everything we asked them for. What’s not to like? The stability, the visibility, the serviceability. Hats off to them for building machines that fit many different applications. They’ve done a great job.”
– Brent Day, William A. Day Jr. & Sons, Porter Maine
- “I didn’t realize how committed John Deere is to its customers until I was involved in the Customer Advocate Group. It really opened my eyes to how they are as passionate about logging as we are.”
– Rick Cuneen, Plantation Harvesting, Myrtleford, Victoria Australia
800M- and 800MH-Series machines share many common components – including the engine, undercarriage, booms and cab – with their 900M- and 900MH-Series counterparts, simplifying maintenance and repairs when needed.
Rapid Cycle System (RCS) combines automated felling-head arm cycling with simple boom control, dramatically reducing operator fatigue while increasing efficiency and productivity. RCS can be tailored to individual skill levels and specific harvesting conditions, from large single-tree harvesting to high-speed, multistem cutting. An added benefit for operators is its selectable operation, which allows them to engage and disengage RCS with a single touch of a button. Multiple RCS settings can also be saved according to individual operator preferences based on skill levels. RCS is standard on all 800M- and 800MH-Series machines and as an option on the 900M and 900MH-Series.
Operate in Comfort
The new operator station on all M-Series machines was designed by loggers for loggers. It’s roomier and more comfortable, with ergonomically designed controls. Fully adjustable armrests provide fingertip control of all machine functions, and an air-conditioned seat provides exceptional daylong comfort in the climate-controlled cab. Floor-to-celling front and side windows plus an overhead skylight provide 44 percent more visibility, providing an outstanding view of the cutting area.
All machines feature John Deere’s field-proven boom design from the 900M- and 900MH-Series models. All booms are strong and robust with thick plates and large pins and bushings to ensure long life. Additional uptime increasing features include:
- A through-nose harvester head plumbing option that routes hoses up and out of harm’s way to extend hose life.
- An optional undercarriage-mounted toolbox that provides convenient storage for tools, additional saw bars and other spare parts, minimizing trips to a service truck.
- 800M fuel tank capacity has been increased by 50 percent to extend intervals between fill-ups, allowing loggers to run up to 24 hours without refueling.
- John Deere ForestSight™ and Ultimate Uptime are also available as an option on all M-Series machines. This integrated suite of technology solutions brings the machine, technology and the dealer together to help loggers better manage their equipment and operations with fast, accurate remote diagnostics, rapid service response and on-demand dealer support.
John Deere’s 800M- and 800MH- Series and 900M- and 900MH- Series family of Tracked Forestry machines are now available in North America. To learn more, view product features and hear real customer feedback, visit www.JohnDeere.com/GameChangers.