Bobcat 2_47 4.70 star(s) (23)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Bobcat 2_47.
25-50 HP Tractors
1704761420.jpg

About the Bobcat 2_47

Bobcat 2_47 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent 2_47 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (23)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Bobcat 2_47 Subcompact Tractor
83 %
9 %
9 %
0 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
lilranch2001

2_47 Bobcat
CT235, very happy so far
Model Year: 2009

I did my 16 hour inspection today and found nothing wrong, so far I have only 3 complaints. 1) I think Bobcat needs to design a better 4 wheel drive handle, I stepped on mine the 4th time I was on the tractor and snapped the ball off of the stud. I am in the process of designing a new handle that makes it easier to grab and shift, and also out of the way when climbing on and off of the tractor. 2) The hole plug on the dashboard next to the light switch was missing when the tractor was delivered, but the dealer called today and stated the replacement plug came in today. 3) It seems that a lot of people are complaining about the high speed gear not having enough power, I have to agree

Pros: In low range and mid range, seems to have plenty of power
Cons: I wish Bobcat would make either a easy mount front snow plow, or front snowblower, I do not want to mess with attaching a subframe every winte

5.00 star(s)
Carlyle2

2_47 Bobcat
2008 Bobcat CT235 Compact Tractor
Model Year: 2008

I bought this unit with 12 hours on it as a demo. I have used it to move rock on my driveway with the front loader and box blade, to rake locust thorns on my hunting property, and to cut down a few acres of weeds using a rotary cutter. So far it has performed very well. It is very easy to use and well put-together. I don't like the paint-job on it because there is some surface rust in a few areas already. I do not want to give the impression it is a rust-bucket, by no means does it look bad! You should not expect a John Deere paint job on a unit that costs significantly less than a John Deere. One other item to note is parts and accessories purchased from Bobcat are expensive.

Pros: Great price, simple operation, powerful, & a well built frame.
Cons: Bad paint job (already rusting in a few areas) and accessories cost a mint.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

2_47 Bobcat
Great Tractor
Model Year: 0

I have a 25 acre farm. I use this tractor to run a hay bob, bush hog, box blade and loader work. It does all I ask of it and is unbelievably smooth. Hydraulics--I looked at all the small tractors and it just seemed beefier. I am very happy after 100 hours.

Pros: Powerful, comfortable, & well built.
Cons: Needs a bigger toolbox.

5.00 star(s)
Fred Barbour

2_47 Bobcat
First impressions after 60 hours

I've just signed up to this website, so hello everyone. I purchased my Bobcat CT 235 in April 2010. I mostly move horse manure, sawdust bedding, mow lawns (3pt hitch 5 foot finish mower) and will clear snow in the winter. I also purchased a 5 ft box blade with the machine. I previously owned a Kubota B7100 (16hp). It would be unfair to compare as the new tractor is quite a bump up from my old orange pumpkin! Mine came with a 68in FEL and for my purposes is great as I mostly move lighter material. The loader capacity and speed/strength is all I need and more and therefore am very happy with the performance. The hydrostatic transmission is fantactic when mowing lawns, no more shifting and the 3pt is live so the mower maintains rpm which makes the job easier and faster. I performed the 50 hour service myself because who can afford today's labor rate? In any event, the manual adequately explains everything and all the drain plugs are painted orange (stupid proof), they obviously had me in mind during the design stage. I replaced all filters and oils as per the manual. The upper hyd. filter might be a challenge but you can remove the seat bolts and lift the seat back (you don't even have to disconnect the kill switch), this takes 5 minutes and fully exposes the upper filter. This tractor is very easy to work on for a novice as everything is quite easy to reach. The only warranty was a replacement of the brake lever. I initially thought it tightened via a cam, in other words the harder you push the tighter the brake applies, but I was wrong--I broke the lever off! It wasn't until I looked under and found that it just slips into a notch. Therefore to easily apply it every time, you just have to apply slight pressure on the lever, apply the brake until it falls into the notch, but hey, live and learn! So far I am very satisfied, but time will tell how it will hold up. My friends with tractor knowledge tell me it is quite a solid, well-built machine.

Pros: Ease of use, power, & it's comfortable.
Cons: Crappy placement of ignition switch and turn signal indicator. Tip: have your ignition key replaced with a short version, Bobcat has the short keys. The tool box is designed for a three year old! I threw mine out and built one, adult sized, out of wood.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

2_47 Bobcat
Working Well

I shopped around a lot. I finally decided to buy the Bobcat CT235. Hydraulics are very smooth and powerful hydrostatic transmission is very responsive and the tractor is comfortable and that's important to me. Telescoping ends on the three point and adjustable lift on one side really helps. It's a strong, well built tractor. Even the front axle is bigger than most. It runs a 5' rotary mower in 2' wet grass like nothing, back blades my long gravel driveway with a 6' box blade,and runs misc. farm equipment along with snow removal, with the loader.

Pros: Tough, comfortable, well built tractor. Nice suspension seat and tilting wheel.
Cons: Only the loader is made in the USA. That hurts. I couldn't find one that was.

5.00 star(s)
jrpat

2_47 Bobcat
2009 Bobcat CT235

Very happy with tractor. It does everything I expect of a compact tractor. Plenty of power for snow removal, digging, and mowing.

Pros: Value (bought during rebates in 2009).
Cons: Live too far from dealer for repairs. Need more dealers!

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

2_47 Bobcat
Every Small Farm Needs One
Model Year: 2010

I have used it for tilling, (5' tiller), snow removal, hauling wood, gravel, dirt work, brush cutting, and plowing. Oh, yeah, hay rides. Very happy with the tractor. The bobcat attachment on the front is very handy, worth the extra few bucks. When I first purchased the tractor, the engine kept dying. Found problem to be the safety switch connection on the seat. There wasn't a lock on the connection. Went to dealer and the tractors on the lot also had the small lock missing on the connection.

Pros: Well built
Cons: Shifting between L,M, and High is not smooth

4.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

2_47 Bobcat
Very Hard on Fuel
Model Year: 2011

I have cut four large fields and have found I only get 4 hrs use per tank. Very annoying to have to carry 5 gallon Jerry cans me. Also the hood vents and rad screen are constantly plugging up causing it to overheat. The last 4 acre field required me to stop 3 times to clear dust and debris, and once to refuel. The loader is exceptional. The range shifter needed adjustment, but works well now. The hood latch didn't work at first, the dealer mechanic told me to lean on the hood while opening, almost a 2 man job. Caused me to leave a job as it was overheating and I couldn't get at the rad. I adjusted the cable myself. The paint is suspect, could have used one more coat of paint

Pros: Loader is exceptional.
Cons: Fuel tank too small and really burns alot of fuel.

4.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

2_47 Bobcat
Very Disappointed

I have owned several tractors and I have large fields to cut 3-5 acres. I have found it only has about 4 hrs of fuel, which is ridiculous when compared to my Bobcat 425X (12 hrs) my Kubota BX1850 (8 hrs) my Kubota L2550 (8 hrs). That is my biggest complaint, smaller issues are the shifter is not very responsive, you have to rock the tractor back and forth to engage the various ranges. IMO this is tractor is very poorly thought out and maybe suitable for a gentleman farmer that puts on 25 hrs per year and thus will ensure fresh fuel at least 6 times. For me I bought this to work and stopping every 4 hrs is unacceptable, I have parked this tractor and hoping the dealer will make me a deal to buy it back.

Pros: Loader is exceptional.
Cons: Fuel tank too small and really burns a lot of fuel.

3.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

2_47 Bobcat
Gas Sucking Pig

Not much good to say about this model. It has a very small fuel tank, I get about 4 hrs use between fill ups. Not practical for contracting, and for anybody trying to get a days work without stopping. Everything is cheap on this, and the rad constantly plugs up and is a pain to clear. The shifter is hard to engage. Did I mention it burns tons of fuel? The only thing good is the FEL.

Pros: FEL.
Cons: Everything else.

[ad placeholder]

Bobcat 2_47 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Bobcat 2_47s

Bobcat 2_47 Community Rankings

#302 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#617 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#31 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#788 user rating of 27027 items overall
#1872 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall