Bobcat CT230 4.70 star(s) (24)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Bobcat CT230.
25-50 HP Tractors
1704761415.jpg

About the Bobcat CT230

Bobcat CT230 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent CT230 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (24)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Bobcat CT230 Subcompact Tractor
67 %
33 %
0 %
0 %
0 %
4.00 star(s)
Workaholic

CT230 Bobcat
Bobcat CT230
Model Year: 2009

Couldn't beat the promos on the Bobcat tractors. Free FEL BIG rebates and even more off for buying a demo! I saved $8k buying the Bobcat over other brands. Even the Kioti (identical tractor) would have been 4-6k more. When I bought it I had the quick attach kit put on and it took forever to come in from Bobcat. Luckily my dealer gave me a CT225 to use until mine was ready. I had the hydraulic leak, dealer was at my house next day with a brand new loaner unit (CT235) and I got my machine back a week or so later. Just noticed a couple bolts are missing from loader bracket. This was put on by the dealer and probably forgot loc-tite. Dealer ordered some new bolts for me.

Pros: VALUE! lots of tractor for the money. With the promotions I got I will be able to sell it in 5 years for what I paid. Good power and features.
Cons: I have yet to figure out how to use the independant brakes when they put them on the same side as the go pedal! Paint chips here and there rust fast so you have to keep up on touchup paint.

Photo Uploads:

4.00 star(s)
stevestud99

CT230 Bobcat
Good
Model Year: 2008

Very comfortable really enjoy using this compact tractor.

Pros: easy to operate
Cons: shift into gear a little hard not to bad though

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
galaxie428

CT230 Bobcat
Bobcat CT230
Model Year: 0

I have not had any other tractors to compare the CT230 to but I am very happy with it. I will detail the reasonings for my rating so you will have an idea of why I rated it as I did. I rated build quality as a 4 because I feel the fenders or at least the bracing could be a more sturdy. At idle, the fenders shake a little. Also, the paint quality is not the best. Mine had several small rust spots on it when I bought it but I believe that is why they were discounted so much so it was not a big deal to me. I rated features as a 5, it has everything I would expect a tractor to have. I ordered mine with the deluxe package so I got the mid PTO, rear hydro, deluxe seat & front guard. I rated performance as a 4 only because in high gear it seems to be a little under powered. This tractor is very heavy so that is part of the reason why. I am able to do most everything I want to do in high gear but I live where it is flat. The few places in my yard that has any slope at all, I am not able to start from a dead stop and make it up it. On the other hand, the extra weight it great for moving dirt or doing any other loader work. I rated value as a 5 because of the price I got it for. With the free loader program, the $3500 rebate and the $2000 rebate the dealer gave me, I got a brand new 30hp tractor for $12,000. Nobody else could come close to that deal for this much tractor. I rated reliability as a 5 because I have had no issues with it yet. It does only have 120hrs on it. I rated dealer experience as a 4 only because I felt my dealer did not really take much time with me to explain things and go over the features of the tractor. We did a quick overview and it was on to the payment.

Pros: The weight is great for loader work. The price was an excellent price. Overall, the machine is pretty well built. Low/Mid range is good for most anything you want to use it for.
Cons: High gear is a little under powered. The fenders could have made a little thicker or braced better because they vibrate. The paint is pretty cheap looking.

5.00 star(s)
FlyingMN

CT230 Bobcat
Very happy with my CT230

I am very happy with my CT230 once I got it. It took 3+ months for delivery due to high order volumes and seemed to catch Bobcat off guard. I was expecting about a month wait when purchased and had trouble getting a straight answer from anybody so I knocked the dealership 1 star. Performance is good but it's a really heavy tractor. I wanted the CT235 but the CT230s were discounted so much I couldn't pass it up. Would definitely buy again.

Pros: Great value
Cons: None yet

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
pharmon

CT230 Bobcat
Great Tractor
Model Year: 2010

Bought my 230 Aug 09 when the deals were great. Delivered Dec 09. Started good all winter without a block heater (in Maine). HST is great for moving snow with the FEL. R-4 tires work well for me.

Pros: Premieum features
Cons: none so fa

5.00 star(s)
Canada_CT230

CT230 Bobcat
Bobcat CT230

We own 17 acres of land in southern Manitoba, Canada and on that land we have a variety of chores to accomplish. The first year of living here we borrowed equipment and did hard manual labor. The second year put our lawn tractor to work pulling various small lawn tractor sized implements. This still was very time consuming and the lawn tractor struggled to keep up. In July 2009, we bought a Bobcat CT230 tractor from Greenvalley Bobcat in Morden, Manitoba. The purchase price was great due to the rebates and incentives offered by Bobcat. We took delivery of the CT230 a week later and had a 60" tiller on order. The tractor has 30 HP and a front-end loader (FEL). Use of the FEL is very comfortable, powerful and all around great. The tiller makes short work of tilling the 7 acre field which is slowly being filled with new seedling spruce trees. Other chores for the cat include snow removal, garden tilling, road maintenance. This year I am purchasing a box blade for dirt work and pallet forks for firewood palletization. A snowblower is also in the forecast next winter. Everyday there seems to be a new use for the machine and it is always willing to go to work. The only problem I've had (which was taken care of immediately without hassle) was an oil cooler leak. Before purchasing the CT230 we looked at a New Holland TC30, Case-IH Farmall 31 and various Kubotas. I problems and dislikes that I found with the other machines were: 1) Kubota - Expensive, dealer did not offer much info/help. 2) New Holland/Case-IH dealer very helpful but expensive ($8,000 over Bobcat). NH offered less features (no cruise, tilt, extendable 3pt arms, etc.) and the Case-IH had a clunky aftermarket loader installed (loader control valves in large box in awkward position). To order a unit with factory loader control was going to take too long. 3) No real incentives. We are happy with the Bobcat CT230. It is a genuine work cat and it has performed everything I wanted it to and more.

Pros: Great value, well built, easy servicability, ergonomic controls.
Cons: Minor hydraulic oil cooler problem.

Photo Uploads:

4.00 star(s)
esteltman

CT230 Bobcat
Bobcat Tractor

Only problem is range shifting and leveler bar.

Pros: Stability and power.
Cons: Exhaust below frame and range shifting.

5.00 star(s)
timmym

CT230 Bobcat
Bobcat CT230

The Bobcat CT230 is a really powerful 30 HP compact tractor. It has a lot of great features... Box scraper, front end loader, 6 foot backhoe, pull behind PTO finish mower, canopy cover, 16 foot heavy duty trailer. Currently has less than 100 hours.

Pros: The power for its compact size; ease of handling; ease of operation and attaching implements.
Cons: Haven't found any cons, yet.

4.00 star(s)
Parocket

CT230 Bobcat
Bobcat CT 230 Works for Me

I purchased the ct 230 to add update my Massey something which was about 30hp utility tractor. I wanted hydro and mid size compact HP. I can mow with a 5' older rotary mower without issue, plow with a 12" triple moldboard and use a 5' tiller without problems. The R4 tires suck, always full of mud and the battery spilling issue was never properly resolved by bobcat. Overall I like the machine and would re-buy after having side by side work done with neighbors JD 2305 and in laws Kubota 30hp something..

Pros: Price, financing, features.
Cons: Dealer network geared to commerical construction.

5.00 star(s)
pharmon

CT230 Bobcat
Bobcat CT 230

Bought this unit new 2 years ago when Bobcat had great deals and large rebates. This tractor had superior features such as; steps on both sides, true bucket level indicator, fabric covered hoses, premium 3 point hitch and supports, 3 speed HST, cruise control, fuel gauge on dash. Starts easily even in cold weather without a heater. I use the bucket (no Bob-tach) for lifting and light snow removal. I use 64" rear snowblower for heavy/deep snow. Carry-all and trailer for wood hauling.

Pros: HST, FEL, reliable starting, very responsive power steering.
Cons: None.

[ad placeholder]

Bobcat CT230 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Bobcat CT230s

Bobcat CT230 Community Rankings

#302 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#176 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#31 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#788 user rating of 27027 items overall
#642 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall