Mahindra MAHINDRA4500 4.70 star(s) (15)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Mahindra MAHINDRA4500.
25-50 HP Tractors
1704761644.jpg

About the Mahindra MAHINDRA4500

Mahindra MAHINDRA4500 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent MAHINDRA4500 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (15)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Mahindra MAHINDRA4500 Subcompact Tractor
73 %
20 %
7 %
0 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
weldingisfun

MAHINDRA4500 Mahindra
Mahindra 4500 4X4 w/FEL
Model Year: 2003

My Mahindra, "The Critter", has done just about everything asked of it. It's weight is a definite positive. Had a hard time finding a compatible QA. Settled on one built by Ottawa. A plus to the Ottawa QA are the built in bale spears. The loader is a Great Bend, apparently not used on a whole lot of Mahindra models. This is what caused the difficulty finding the compatible QA. Should have had extra remotes installed on the rear. Comes with two as standard. Eventually will add four more to enable the installation of a TnT. Had the rear tires filled with antifreeze and the dealer, Angus Valley Equipment, Elm Mott, TX, installed 500# of wheel weights at no extra charge. Definitely no need for a ballast box with all that weight. Have since added a canopy and a Markham toothbar. Great additions! Learned of both on TBN, thanks everyone.

Pros: Quality for the $.
Cons: Technical support trying to solve a chronic coolant hose problem.

Photo Uploads:

4.00 star(s)
deanfitz

MAHINDRA4500 Mahindra
Buy what you need it for "Specifically"
Model Year: 2008

The Mahindra 4500 is good tractor for small farm work. I was bushogging a 45 acre field with it. This tractor will turn a 6' bushog and does decent in heavy Bahia grass. The 370 loader is very handy and well worth the money. Be sure what size tractor you need before buying it, you can't return it for a bigger one without taking a loss. I wish I had bought a 60hp 4 wheel drive.

Pros: Price, Availability, Local dealer, affordable financing
Cons: Light duty, will get stuck easy

Photo Uploads:

4.00 star(s)
Bdavis

MAHINDRA4500 Mahindra
Mahindra 4500 with ML260 loader
Model Year: 2006

I have only had the tractor about 3 months and put about 40 hours on it. It was a trade in one owner tractor (the owner upgraded to 4 wheel drive). So far the tractor seems to do well. It is my first tractor so it is a learning experience.

Pros: Strong loader, fuel economy seems very good.
Cons: I wish it had a shuttle shift. Moving dirt is a lot of shifting.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Papasmith

MAHINDRA4500 Mahindra
Mahindra 4500
Model Year: 2001

I use my 2001 Mahindra 4500 mostly for bush-hogging, clearing brush, and general cleanup. When it is not being used it is housed in my shop. I have used it with a spring harrow, a bush hog, a rototiller, scrape blade, box scrape and FEL. In the 200 some hours I put on it since I have owned it, it has performed admirably and reliably with two notable exceptions. The first is the starter needed rebuilding at about 300 hours. The second is the alternator went out and needed replacing at around 420 hours. I expected much longer life out of these two components. I hope their early failure is not reflective of the long term reliability of the rest of the tractor.

Pros: Heavy tractor, high capacity three point lift.
Cons: Early failure of alternator and starter.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

MAHINDRA4500 Mahindra
Awesome Tractor
Model Year: 2004

The 4WD, wide stance and 7,000 pound weight (with loader) has made this the ideal tractor for the Ozark hills. I've gone up and down, as well as along the side of steep hills, even with a seed drill, and have had no problems as this tractor has a wide stance and is very heavy. I also use it to grade our steep driveway and it performs beautifully. The backhoe attachment from Wood's works pretty well but is a bit of a pain to hook up. I've used the bucket to knock down trees 12"+ in diameter. This is one rugged tractor!

Pros: Price, performance, heavy weight.
Cons: Dealer was unfriendly and a pain to deal with after the sale. No longer in business.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
lo12yd

MAHINDRA4500 Mahindra
Mahindra 4500

I'm a casual tractor user, with only 250 hours in 7 years. I have enjoyed using the Mahindra 4500, especially the front end loader. Having to clear wooded areas for planting fields has put a lot of stress on the tractor and it has performed flawlessly.

Pros: Great value; great warranty; solid tractor.
Cons: Seems to use more fuel than my old Ford tractor doing similar work. No big deal though.

5.00 star(s)
Mahindraman4500

MAHINDRA4500 Mahindra
Rock Solid Mahindra 4500

Have owned this tractor since it was new August of 2003, Besides oil changes, one battery, this tractor has been unstoppable. Based on the value at the time of purchase, and the performance I have received, I feel this was a terrific purchase.

Pros: Weight, lifting capacity, overall power.
Cons: Low end torque.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

MAHINDRA4500 Mahindra
Good Tractor

Very efficient for a 45 HP. heavy enough to get the big round bales in. Reliable to the hilt. Let is sit for 4 months and come out and start it right up. A copy of the American tractor, but they have done a good job in maintaining the quality and practicality of the tractor. I would recommend it to anyone. Value for the $ is outstanding.

Pros: Reliability/weight.
Cons: Could use another set of hydraulics, but that is for the larger hp versions.

4.00 star(s)
rmcnallen

MAHINDRA4500 Mahindra
Mahindra 4WD 4500, Open Cab, Front End Loader
Model Year: 2006

I bought this Mahindra 4wd, 4500 from Rick Bailes at Bill's Tractor just outside of San Antonio roughly 5-6 years ago. I have approx 60 acres of pasture, so I don't use it to "farm" with, but mostly shredding, disking, moving dirt, moving big round bales, moving rocks, picking up stuff, etc. (general tractor stuff). I can tell you that I have VERY PLEASED with it. No major repairs and always starts & runs well. I did have the front tires filled with foam (rides a bit rougher on the rocks, but a +++ in my opinion when moving big round bales). For the price, I think it was the best VALUE going. I wanted to make sure I bought a "small BIG tractor" vs. a "big SMALL tractor" (i.e. didn't want a non-tractor company tractor). I didn't realize that Mahindra was an Indian company or that they were one of the larger producers of tractors in the world. Nice, well built, heavy duty, easy to use tractor. Really, the only negative I have is that all the fill points, fluid check dip sticks, etc. are a pain in the butt to get to (not well laid out) and the oil change valve has a flimsy bracket that keeps the oil from draining straight out. They want you to take it off. I simply cut a hole in the bracket where the oil drains, no more taking it off.

Pros: Weight, heavy built, ease of use, overall value.
Cons: Fill plugs, fluid check dip sticks, drain plugs are not well placed/designed.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

MAHINDRA4500 Mahindra
My Tractor

Owned since 2004 and not one item has gone wrong. Sits for 4-5 months at a time and starts right away. Out works my friend's 50 hp John Deere and weights a lot more which makes it more stable.

Pros: Best tractor I have owned.
Cons: None.

[ad placeholder]

Mahindra MAHINDRA4500 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Mahindra MAHINDRA4500s

Mahindra MAHINDRA4500 Community Rankings

#302 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#365 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#31 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#788 user rating of 27027 items overall
#1109 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall