Massey Ferguson MF35 4.50 star(s) (35)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Massey Ferguson MF35.
25-50 HP Tractors
1704758580.jpg

About the Massey Ferguson MF35

Massey Ferguson MF35 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent MF35 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (35)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Massey Ferguson MF35 Subcompact Tractor
63 %
26 %
11 %
0 %
0 %
4.00 star(s)
Rod in Forfar

MF35 Massey Ferguson
Massey Ferguson 35 with Perkins Diesel
Model Year: 1960

When I bought this tractor a guy on a discussion board told me that "A Massey 35 is about as handy as a shirt pocket." I've never had reason to doubt his assessment. This was my beginning tractor. An old loader went onto it and it has served faithfully for loading logs, moving huge stones, work around buildings, even loading manure, as well as the bulk of the mowing for my tree farm for six years. Without power steering it's a load to steer, but as another guy told me, "You get used to it." It locks between gears occasionally, so a new owner has to learn the simple trick to get it back out of gear. The diverter valve is a pain when running the loader, but I bought another tractor that had the same set-up, so it mustn't be that bad.

Pros: Dependable, long-life, versatile tractor with a comfortable ride and sound.
Cons: The hydraulic system's crude, it and transmission have a learning curve.

5.00 star(s)
Richard Jones

MF35 Massey Ferguson
Classic Tractor
Model Year: 1964

The MF35 with the Perkins 3-cylinder cross flow engine was one of the first of the modern tractors. Derived from the FE20 and related to the Ford 8N, it combined the Ferguson System with the experience and quality approach of Massey. Hundreds of thousands were made and are still found around the world. With the diesel one has power, easy starting and steady reliability, plus no Lucas electrics! With the pre-heated fuel system, this one even starts easily when freezing cold. It pulls a 3 bottom MF 66 plow with no difficulty at all.

Pros: Handy power, great basic performance.
Cons: No hydraulics (can be installed but not easy).

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Tractor 2121

MF35 Massey Ferguson
MF35
Model Year: 1957

Petrol Standard Motor Co, 4 cylinder. Motor has probably had a rebuild about 30 years ago. Owner who sold to me said he had recently put new rings in. I have had to replace head gasket, one finger to clutch, several seals etc but nothing serious. Will pull a ten disc plough for firebreaks, launch a small boat and other light use. Will not run all day pulling heavy gear but starts well, as long as battery is not flat. Has been very useful but I am now looking for a smaller machine with a loader for mulch. soil and moving rubbish etc on five acres. Would like a hydrostatic drive so my wife can safely drive whilst I do pick ups etc!

Pros: Reliable easy maintained and plenty of parts available.
Cons: Nothing really just getting a bit old like me!

5.00 star(s)
jiminpa

MF35 Massey Ferguson
Olden but Golden
Model Year: 1962

3 cylinder diesel runs forever, starts on 2nd revolution of crankshaft. Mine had a lawnmower battery in it when I bought it, lasted 3 years!

Pros: Runs forever.
Cons: Hydraulics.

4.00 star(s)
razzle

MF35 Massey Ferguson
Mighty MF
Model Year: 1953

Favorite acre eater.

Pros: Nice fit.
Cons: No power steering.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

MF35 Massey Ferguson
My MF 35

Just bought this tractor last week. Plan on complete restoration and using to tend gardens and mowing off fields. I like the tractor a lot, just wish it had power steering.

Pros: Powerful for its size.
Cons: No power steering, no live power.

Photo Uploads:

4.00 star(s)
Papamech

MF35 Massey Ferguson
Golden Oldie
Model Year: 1959

Almost as old as I am and it is still working like it was in it's early twenties.

Pros: Old and dependable.
Cons: Old and hard to find parts.

3.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

MF35 Massey Ferguson
Old but Still Pretty Good
Model Year: 1963

My old MF 35 with the Perkins diesel is a decent utility tractor. It has been reliable and reasonably fuel efficient. The biggest down side is the geometry of the 3 point, it just cannot get implements very high off the ground, much like the N series fords. It also has a minor issue of locking the transmission where two gears get engaged at once, but this is easy to fix. I also miss having a hydraulic output, but that can get spliced in by tapping the 3pt system

Pros: Cheap and reliable.
Cons: 3point is weak.

4.00 star(s)
birddog10

MF35 Massey Ferguson
Massey 35
Model Year: 1963

Great tractor so far.

Pros: Hp, simplicity of use, reliability.
Cons: As used, needed to replace generator, volt. regulator, battery early on.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

MF35 Massey Ferguson
1962 MF35 Winter Project

Bought this tractor in October of 2011. By looking at it I knew I was going to have to do some work on it. Thought I could spend $1000-$1500 and get it in good shape. When I started tearing it down there was more wrong than met the eye. Probably going to end up spending $2500 or so, but it will be just like new when I get done. The tractor was usable when I got it but I want it to be as good as I can make it. Doing all the work myself (did machinist and mechanic work all my life) Hope to have it done by spring plowing time. I'll post pictures when it's done. Tractorbynet has been a great help with some of the items I needed and for info I needed.

Pros: Reliable, great power for it's size, easy on fuel.
Cons: No power steering.

Photo Uploads:

[ad placeholder]

Massey Ferguson MF35 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Massey Ferguson MF35s

Massey Ferguson MF35 Community Rankings

#395 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#270 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#31 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#999 user rating of 27027 items overall
#880 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall