Snow Too much snow! Help!

/ Too much snow! Help! #71  
I had a walk behind snow blower, they aren't that great. It was a two stage, 8hp self propeled, and it worked well, but it is still a lot of physical labor. Its just a lot of work to get it to turn and guide the thing. I sold mine when I got the BX.

/ Too much snow! Help! #72  
"I had a walk behind snow blower, they aren't that great. It was a two stage, 8hp self propeled,"

In the snow we had, my 11.5 HP Ariens 2 stage would not move. You had to be here in Maryland/NorthernVirginia to understand how heavy this snow was/is. As some wise fellow remarked, I should have gone out while it was snowing and hit the driveway as the snow approached 6 inches or so. With 24 inches or so I got I would have had to go out six times overnight and during the next morning!

/ Too much snow! Help! #73  
Listening to the evening weather a short time ago; you're in for another bout with "Mother Nature" and she's in a nasty mood. I was kind of hopeing to get a little of the white stuff up here,but no luck;the snowmobile is still stranded in the garage and my tractor/snowblower sitting there "unused" :rolleyes::confused:

/ Too much snow! Help! #74  
Hi I'm new here but here is what I put together today, a Bobcat 72 inch blower stuck on the front of my L48. It was not easy I had to work around Bobcat's "black Box". Why a snowblower needs a microprocessor, I don't know. Look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmcU0Jcn1Ac

Last edited:
   / Too much snow! Help! #75  
"Listening to the evening weather a short time ago; you're in for another bout with "Mother Nature""

I heard the same news it went from 4 inches prediction to another 20+ inches prediction. I tried to find chains for the BX but none were available. I will do the incremental plowing this time even if it is coming down heavy.

/ Too much snow! Help! #77  
"Keith in Space"

Nice looking family you have there. Looks like you shared some fun. ;)

kj

/ Too much snow! Help! #78  
ouch! that really bites just to back into your own vehicles with the backhoe. Thats one of the reasons why I take mine off. Much easier to see. Granted the extra weight is nice, and if I get stuck, it nice to use BH to pull myself out.

/ Too much snow! Help! #79  
Thought I would share a few photos from our last snowfall. Looks like another storms is hitting tomorrow afternoon, what fun!

Attachments

• 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    612.6 KB · Views: 211
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    635.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    591 KB · Views: 139
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    566.6 KB · Views: 142
   / Too much snow! Help! #80  
"ouch! that really bites just to back into your own vehicles with the backhoe. "

The thing is, I never back into anything with the backhoe. It was the FEL that caused the damage, I had one of those no traction instant traction moments. I keep the backhoe on, no need to remove it as I have a BX1850 for the use of the three point hitch. Plus I have used the backhoe to get me out of stuck situations in deep snow. It can lift and move the back end of the BX.