Calling All BX Owners.... ADVICE NEEDED!!!!

/ Calling All BX Owners.... ADVICE NEEDED!!!! #1  

deere4320

Silver Member
Tractor
2008 Deere 4320 eHydro w/400X FEL and Unloaded R4's
Hi All,
My family and I are looking into a sub compact tractor for 15hp to 26 (on a small frame). We have been mowing with our JD lawn tractor and its not enough....we need something that's 4WD so it will have no problem climbing when it is wet out......I have only herd great things about the the Kubota BX's. What do the owners think. I have about 6 mowable acres. What size BX do you Suggest??????

/ Calling All BX Owners.... ADVICE NEEDED!!!! #2  
I was originally looking at the smallest BX at the time (2003) and at the last minute decided to get the biggest one (BX2200). I do not regret that decision as all. More power is a good thing!! I know that it depends on what you are going to use it for, but you will find that you will use it for more than you initially planned for after you have it.

/ Calling All BX Owners.... ADVICE NEEDED!!!! #3  
For 6 acres, you're gonna want the 60" deck, which rules out the BX1860 (54" max deck). If you don't need the TLB version (i.e., BX25), that leaves you with the BX2360 or BX2660 - 3 more hp in the latter and a nicer seat is about the difference between the two. Either one will do what you want.

/ Calling All BX Owners.... ADVICE NEEDED!!!! #4  
I replaced a John Deere garden tractor with a BX2360 with 60MMM,loader and front mount snowblower. It has become the best tool of any. It mows great and the loader is handy for landscape projects. I struggled with that Deere and it's over rated Kawaski engine even after two or three trips to the dealers shop it just did not perform well, I don't miss the Deere or Deere dealer but I am enjoying the BX.

/ Calling All BX Owners.... ADVICE NEEDED!!!! #5  
I am on my second BX, 2200 and now 2660. I can't say enough good things about it. I also own a John Deere 2305, but much prefer the BX.

CHDinCT has it right about the difference between the two. My old bones love the 2660 seat, but either will do essentially the same job. Good luck.

/ Calling All BX Owners.... ADVICE NEEDED!!!! #6  
For 6 acres, you're gonna want the 60" deck, which rules out the BX1860 (54" max deck). If you don't need the TLB version (i.e., BX25), that leaves you with the BX2360 or BX2660 - 3 more hp in the latter and a nicer seat is about the difference between the two. Either one will do what you want.

I am on my second BX, 2200 and now 2660. I can't say enough good things about it. I also own a John Deere 2305, but much prefer the BX.

CHDinCT has it right about the difference between the two. My old bones love the 2660 seat, but either will do essentially the same job. Good luck.
I've had a BX2200, BX1500, BX2350, BX2660 and a BX25 plus some other bigger sizes.:) I agree with these guys. As long as you don't have ground clearance issues.

/ Calling All BX Owners.... ADVICE NEEDED!!!!
Thanks guys......i don't think i would need the loader because of the 4320 but.......tell me about the snowblower. Is it powerful? Because for plowing my 4320 will have a blade mounted on the FEL. But for really getting the snow off the drive a snowblower is needed. I was planning on mostly mowing with it because the R4's on the 4320 would rip it up too much.

/ Calling All BX Owners.... ADVICE NEEDED!!!! #8  
If youre going to use it for snow throwing go to the BX2xxx models and bar/Ag tires so youll have enuf power and traction to move along well. The bar tires on light tractors like these do not present a marking problem on turf.
larry

/ Calling All BX Owners.... ADVICE NEEDED!!!! #9  
6 mowable acres? hmmm. the BX can do it no problem, but with a 60 inch deck, and 2 speeds only, its gonna feel like a long day. You might want to step up to a B or larger and get 72 inch or larger mower. The B has 3 speeds and larger tires. With larger tires, you can move faster with less jarring.

If you do stick with a BX, be sure to get tires loaded, and get the BX2660. With a largest engine you can get will last longer under heavy use esp. wth 6 mowing acres weekly. I think the BX is nicely suited on 1-5 acres with only one tractor. Of course, your mileage will vary.

/ Calling All BX Owners.... ADVICE NEEDED!!!! #10  
Hi All,
My family and I are looking into a sub compact tractor for 15hp to 26 (on a small frame). We have been mowing with our JD lawn tractor and its not enough....we need something that's 4WD so it will have no problem climbing when it is wet out......I have only herd great things about the the Kubota BX's.
*What do the owners think. I have about 6 mowable acres. What size BX do you Suggest??????
* Here's my fleet of BXs.

so i guess ya could say I like em!:)