F150 Powerstroke announced.

/ F150 Powerstroke announced.
With the lightweight body and 3 L diesel I would think it would pull some pretty amazing highway numbers.

WOW great deal you got $20,000 off sticker on your Ram.Only got $9,800 off my 2016 Ram 2500 and thats with supplier discount plus rebates.

2016 year end truck with other incentives. I got a similar deal on my 2014.

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #13  
Ram dropped the Cummins in the 1/2 ton for the same reason they will soon drop it for a fiat engine in the HD trucks.

I live 25 miles from the Cummins Head Quarters. I have 2 neighbors who work there, one of which is the #3 man. They are all worried about the relationship with Ram. The are loosing tons of sales with Volvos purchase of Pacar shares and they fear the same with Fiat and Ram.

Think about it. Ram has no need for Cummins in say 3 years. They have proven the in-house Eco Diesel and can do the same in the HD line just like Ford breaking.off from IH

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #14  
I too would be nervous if I was Cummins. FCA is easily big enough to develop diesel engines in-house and keep those added profits to themselves with the engine manufactures they already own controlling interest in.

If the Cummins 5.0 had been a home run design, the decision for Ram to reject it may have at least been difficult to make. Facts are though is it is kinda a fuel hog for what it is so the decision was easy for Ram to make. Had it been winner good Ram would have taken it simply to keep someone else from getting it.

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #15  
Good job thats a Ton of $$ off..

Full load Outdoorsman.

P_20160829_171614.jpg

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #18  
Ram dropped the Cummins in the 1/2 ton for the same reason they will soon drop it for a fiat engine in the HD trucks.

I live 25 miles from the Cummins Head Quarters. I have 2 neighbors who work there, one of which is the #3 man. They are all worried about the relationship with Ram. The are loosing tons of sales with Volvos purchase of Pacar shares and they fear the same with Fiat and Ram.

Think about it. Ram has no need for Cummins in say 3 years. They have proven the in-house Eco Diesel and can do the same in the HD line just like Ford breaking.off from IH

DP- can you please explain what I highlighted? Volvo purchase of Pacar (Paccar)? Paccar is using in house MAN engines I do believe. And what FIAT or FPT (Fiat Power Technology) engine would take the place of the 6.7 Cummins?

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #19  
Wow, where do you guys get your info? LOL. Volvo hasn't bought into Paccar. Paccar owns Peterbilt, Kenworth and DAF. The Paccar motors are based off of DAF engines.

Volvo owns Mack.

Volkswagen just bought a share of Navistar International, which means joint ventures between International, MAN (who already supplies the main components for the Maxxforce and now N13), Scania and VW.

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #20  
I'm so confused.......... :confused2: