F150 Powerstroke announced.

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #2  
It sound nice but it's another 1/2 ton diesel with a price tag of 50k!.

/ F150 Powerstroke announced.
It sound nice but it's another 1/2 ton diesel with a price tag of 50k!.

Nobody actually pays list price on these trucks. My Ram stickered at $57, the final deal was $37.

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #4  
Nobody actually pays list price on these trucks. My Ram stickered at $57, the final deal was $37.
WOW great deal you got $20,000 off sticker on your Ram.Only got $9,800 off my 2016 Ram 2500 and thats with supplier discount plus rebates.

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #5  
Interested to see how this sells. I'm a self confessed diesel guy. I'd be all over that, way before I'd consider a 2.7L gasser. 15 years from now when the mall cruisers are tired of these new diesel 1/2 ton trucks they'll be a great "used" truck purchase!!!! :)

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #6  
I think that Ford and Ram have both missed the mark. To me the diesel offerings need to meet or exceed the best gas offering.

Nissan has it right with the 5.0 Cummins.

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #7  
I have to agree there DiamondPilot - it would be nice if the diesels were in the mid 300hp and 450-500 or so in Tq. That would be a great mix!

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #8  
This is odd, because I just a read a news article two days ago where Ford said there will be no diesel F-150 and instead they will focus on a gas Eco-Boost/electric hybrid instead. And part of that electric hybrid system will also function as a job site generator.

Then I read how Consumer Report had voted the F-150 to it's top spot but has now removed it and named the F-150, Focus and Fiesta the least reliable vehicles in their class.

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #9  
Noticed in the article the 2018 F150 will have a 10 speed transmission.Where will it end 12 speed tannys,15 speeds?

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #10  
I think that Ford and Ram have both missed the mark. To me the diesel offerings need to meet or exceed the best gas offering.

Nissan has it right with the 5.0 Cummins.

How do you figure? They took a an engine that Ram rejected because it was a fuel hog and did not meet target power/economy specs (admittingly Ram was going through a bankruptcy and ownership change at the time, but if the engine had been a home run then No way Ram rejects it so willingly and starts over on their ecodiesel development). The Nissan gets worse mileage than a 1/2 ton and also tows less than either the GM 1/2 Max tow package gasser or the Ford 1/2 ton Max tow package. Epic fail if ever there was one. Fuel economies of any of the Big 3 2500's diesel are actually quite similar and way more capable.

I have not driven the Nissan Titan XD diesel simply because diesel is not really a good fit for my needs by any manufacturer. That said, I did drive the new 2017 Nissan Titan XD 4x4 with the new 5.6 gasser (supposedly 395 hp) 2 weeks ago and I thought it was a total turd. By many internet accounts the gasser outperforms the diesel. If that is the case the diesel must be pretty sad.

I actually had high hopes but the Nissan XD truck was a total slug until engine gets above 3200 rpm. Once above 3200 rpm it pulled pretty strong. Granted it may be computer torque management causing some of the problem but it was a gutless slug nonetheless. The truck did ride and drive okay, but was nothing special either in the handling department. Not enough head room for me so ruled out as a viable choice by me anyway. Being a gutless slug certainly cemented my decision regardless even if I had fit in it better. (My lowly 295 hp 5.3 4-speed tranny is far from a torque monster on any engine scale but compared to the gutless Nissan it felt way superior).

Last edited: