F150 Powerstroke announced.

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #21  
Just had a thought. maybe the new rumor on the Mack forum is true? Maybe Volvo is going to discontinue the Mack Titan, the Mack MP10 engine and the Volvo D16.......they need the money to finish paying for Paccar, hahahahahaha.

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #22  
DP- can you please explain what I highlighted? Volvo purchase of Pacar (Paccar)? Paccar is using in house MAN engines I do believe. And what FIAT or FPT (Fiat Power Technology) engine would take the place of the 6.7 Cummins?

FPT has a 6.7 engine, widely used in their agricultural and construction equipment (such as in New Holland and Case IH) and it is a very close match to the design of the 6.7 Cummins.

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #23  
FPT has a 6.7 engine, widely used in their agricultural and construction equipment (such as in New Holland and Case IH) and it is a very close match to the design of the 6.7 Cummins.

Just had a similar conversation with the guy that rebuilds injector pumps. The waters are getting very muddy indeed. :)

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #24  
And it's only going to get worse, LOL.

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #25  

And I mis-spoke in my note to DP- Paccar uses a DAF engine-not MAN. So right now, you have vertical integration as far as engines go with Paccar, (DAF), F'liner (Detroit/Mercedes) Navistar (MAN) and the VW buy in could expand that with Scania?? And of course Volvo/Mack

Cummins has to be looking over their shoulder. I think its time for them to be knocking on Ford's door as the 750 IMO is a dead duck with just the 6.7 Power Stroke as a diesel choice. Ford is killing class 6 but I think when you start looking at 33,000 GVW-and you can get a 750 with a 37,000 lb rating- I think they need a 6 cyl. Wonder why they don't bring their 9 L over from Ford Turkey. Built by them in Turkey

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #26  
Just had a thought. maybe the new rumor on the Mack forum is true? Maybe Volvo is going to discontinue the Mack Titan, the Mack MP10 engine and the Volvo D16.......they need the money to finish paying for Paccar, hahahahahaha.

Rumor?- I thought it was a fact. Titan is dead as is the MP-10.

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #27  
I haven't got any announcement from Mack yet? I was told the MP10/D16 will be certified for EPA17 soon.....so unless something has suddenly changed?

Speaking of Ford medium duties.....more hurt is about to come to them because the new Navistar International/GMC joint venture medium duty conventional will be getting released soon.

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #28  
I haven't got any announcement from Mack yet? I was told the MP10/D16 will be certified for EPA17 soon.....so unless something has suddenly changed?

Speaking of Ford medium duties.....more hurt is about to come to them because the new Navistar International/GMC joint venture medium duty conventional will be getting released soon.

I think the GM/Navistar product is class 4 and 5 only-or do you know otherwise? In anycase, Mopar/ Ram/FCA whatever- has been market leader in class 3-4-5. And I'm led to believe they do that on price. But with the Chevy dealers getting the Isuzu badged class 4,5's and the GM/Navistar trucks coming to market, it is going to be a nasty business-or to look at it another way-good for the consumer.

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #29  
DP- can you please explain what I highlighted? Volvo purchase of Pacar (Paccar)? Paccar is using in house MAN engines I do believe. And what FIAT or FPT (Fiat Power Technology) engine would take the place of the 6.7 Cummins?
I was told by one about a month ago they were worried about their job because now is the time they should be negotiating with Ram on the next series of motors for the trucks. They said that Ram wasn't in a hurry to talk and acted like they no longer needed Cummins.

As for the Volvo Paccar relationship he said a few weeks back that Volvo was going after about 30% stake in Paccar which also had him nervous.

He stated if it were not for sales overseas Cummins would be in serious trouble.

Who knows, perhaps it's all rumor?

/ F150 Powerstroke announced. #30  
Ram dropped the Cummins in the 1/2 ton for the same reason they will soon drop it for a fiat engine in the HD trucks.

I live 25 miles from the Cummins Head Quarters. I have 2 neighbors who work there, one of which is the #3 man. They are all worried about the relationship with Ram. The are loosing tons of sales with Volvos purchase of Pacar shares and they fear the same with Fiat and Ram.

Think about it. Ram has no need for Cummins in say 3 years. They have proven the in-house Eco Diesel and can do the same in the HD line just like Ford breaking.off from IH

I think Dodge may find that there are a lot of folks why buy Dodge 2500 and 3500 diesel pickup because there is a Cummins under the hood, not necessarily because it's a dodge. Instantly all the Dodge Cummins loyalist will feel betrayed by Dodge with foreign diesels. That would be a PR disaster IMO. Likely good for Nissan, Ford, and GM.