Stump Grinder Woodland Mills WG24?

/ Stump Grinder Woodland Mills WG24? #201  
Clutch needs to be set super light on mine or it'll twist a class 7 tube set (I've done it). The class 4 actually went 120 degrees when it failed.

Say what you want about the price of green paint - Nebraska tested my PTO at 59HP, and it's got gobs of torque.

I only cut 6 stumps when I destroyed the class 4 shaft, and a couple of those were dinkers.

/ Stump Grinder Woodland Mills WG24? #202  
IMG_0517.JPGback in business $45 later and trips all over town to find parts.

/ Stump Grinder Woodland Mills WG24? #203  
I received my WG24 last week and am thrilled with it thus far. Simple and robust design and it works great. I run it on my M7060 in e-pto as I have far more power than required. My tractor also has creep speed which works great for this grinder. Not sure what size my PTO shaft is but it sure looks and feels very heavy duty. Cutting the shaft length correctly is a big deal with these but this is very easy to do. The grinder works far better than I expected and even large stumps are turned to mulch in minutes. I would recommend this type grinder of the hydraulic swing type.

/ Stump Grinder Woodland Mills WG24? #204  
I would recommend this type grinder of the hydraulic swing type.

Why?

The only time I have to move the tractor is to change distance from the stump. You have to move the tractor the whole time you're cutting.

/ Stump Grinder Woodland Mills WG24? #205  
Why?

The only time I have to move the tractor is to change distance from the stump. You have to move the tractor the whole time you're cutting.

It is more simple in function, more compact and costs almost half as much.

/ Stump Grinder Woodland Mills WG24? #207  
And you have to control it with your feet while it's behind your back, and only cuts on one side so 50% of your movement is not making chips.

I have $1800 into mine including the 24 Greenteeth and a 2 spool valve with QDs.

/ Stump Grinder Woodland Mills WG24? #209  
And you have to control it with your feet while it's behind your back, and only cuts on one side so 50% of your movement is not making chips.

I have $1800 into mine including the 24 Greenteeth and a 2 spool valve with QDs.

Both types have their pros and cons. For me, I don't need to use my feet, I just flip the shuttle lever with my fingers, this also allows me to sit sideways in my seat so I don't have to crain my neck so much. I can also use the WG24 on my other tractors that don't have hydraulics, so FOR ME the WG24 was a much better choice. I doubt you can find a new hyd swing grinder for $1800 either. The WG24 may only cut in one direction but it can take up to 6" at a time and has 36 teeth. It would be neat to see both units run side my side on similar stumps by skilled operators but I figure the chances of that are slim!

/ Stump Grinder Woodland Mills WG24? #210  
I wonder if you guys could attach this to a mid mount connection (put it out front). I guess only scuts have midmounts (?) so this probably doesn't work for many. Its how my tractor uses the stump grinder, altough mine is way different from the rest.