Camera Security Systems???

/ Camera Security Systems??? #113  
Some of the higher end cameras have heaters in them.

/ Camera Security Systems??? #115  
   / Camera Security Systems??? #116  
I run 2 systems.

I have a Q-See brand 8 camera DVR. It has 7 cameras outside to record vehicles and activity.

I have 2 canary cameras. The “ all in one” and “view”.

The q-See system is hard wired and I have it set to record 24/7. It is a good system to monitor but not ideal for notifications of movement. It requires a Ethernet cable to the router to have internet access to monitor from anywhere. I plan to upgrade to a 16 channel 4K lorex system at some point.

The canary is great for interior monitoring. It allows for geofencing to arm the cameras for notifications. This makes it where when you are home and walk through your den/ shop, it doesn’t notifying you. You can set it to record or not when home also.

The canary camera in my shop is set to record any motion both when home and away. My den camera is set to record persons when away only.

I hard wired the canary all in one so it will have faster upload speed . The view model is WiFi only, but has respectable speeds even over my DSL.

The canary cameras allow for 2 way audio if you get the membership. They are currently selling a 1 year membership and the view for $99 together. Membership is usually $10 a month.

The biggest plus of the membership is the gain in timeline retained. The membership gives you 2 way audio and 30 days cloud storage. Without membership you get 24 hours and no 2 way talk.

Really love that it auto arms. This takes the guess work out of when I will get notifications and won’t.

There is not much outside my house that can be stolen. So covering my den and shop for movement will help me get the police there if needed and I won’t forget to arm the system.

8 camera system
IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

Canary cameras
IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

/ Camera Security Systems??? #117  
I just tried out an amcrest IP camera today and liked if. A rebranded dahua, just like qsee. This one records straight to nas, so you don't need the separate nvr recorder. When you log into the camera, it has exact menu system as qsee and dahua, but more features being a newer camera. Also works with my nvr.

/ Camera Security Systems??? #118  
Not enough resolution for my taste. I want at least 4Mp. The Reolink 5Mp is what I’m leaning towards and no WiFi.

Did you get one?
I'm trying to decide on one for multiple uses. I'm looking at the Arlo Pro 2.
/edit that was supposed to be Argus 2
My needs are a highly mobile camera, wireless, no cloud stuff.
I plan on using it with my Mobley as a back up camera, down at my shops to warn me when someone comes, and as a warning system for deliveries.
Might also use it at the house.

/edit - went with 1 Argus 2, now need to figure out if I should make the base movable or buy multiple bases.

Last edited:
   / Camera Security Systems??? #119  
Did you get one?
I'm trying to decide on one for multiple uses. I'm looking at the Arlo Pro 2. My needs are a highly mobile camera, wireless, no cloud stuff.
I plan on using it with my Mobely as a back up camera, down at my shops to warn me when someone comes, and as a warning system for deliveries.
Might also use it at the house.
They are on order... from Newegg. In transit and they appear to be currently passing through Kentucky.

I did receive my Netgear 16port POE switch today along with 6 60ft Cat6 cables from Amazon. Hoping I will avoid having to buy a dedicated NVR but I have yet to learn if I can use some free software to avoid the licenses required by my existing QNAP NAS system. I will keep you all posted of my head banging experience I expect, yet to come. :D

/ Camera Security Systems??? #120  
They are on order... from Newegg. In transit and they appear to be currently passing through Kentucky.

I did receive my Netgear 16port POE switch today along with 6 60ft Cat6 cables from Amazon. Hoping I will avoid having to buy a dedicated NVR but I have yet to learn if I can use some free software to avoid the licenses required by my existing QNAP NAS system. I will keep you all posted of my head banging experience I expect, yet to come. :D
Blu iris software..

I got my new synology nas today, quickly discovered (disappointed) the security camera app only allows 2 cameras without additional license. I have a nvr, but wanted the nas to back it up. Got a lot to learn about the nas.