Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor?

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #31  
Thank you. That's a lot less money then I expected to be able to see what's happening on your phone. I have a friend that has cameras insider her house and she watches everything that her kids and pets are doing. She has several pot belly pigs and she is always watching them more then anything else. But I thought she said she pays $100 a month for what she's using.

I'd guess that if you bought several of the Nest cameras and paid for all of them to store their images, you could spend $100 / month. I'm too cheap for that!!

One of my co-workers has her elderly mother living with her every other month. The mother has a touch of dementia and is home by herself during the day. Last month, the mother was confused about something and somehow got the emergency squad dispatched to the house (She tried dialing "0" for the operator and somehow ended up with the 911 operator). My co-worker used to be a volunteer EMS/Firefighter, so the folks on the squad knew her and how to get ahold of her. She now has a cheap camera at her house that she can monitor from her office. The sound is turned on so she doesn't have to watch it - she can just monitor it to see if her mother is asking for help. $0 / month for that.

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #32  
Does the Guardline Driveway Sensor pickup vehicles as well as people?
I need one for vehicles and sometimes it gets into the low 20s or more here
AND it needs to be dependable

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #33  
Does the Guardline Driveway Sensor pickup vehicles as well as people?
I need one for vehicles and sometimes it gets into the low 20s or more here
AND it needs to be dependable

Yes mine (1/4 mile version) has been very dependable on picking up vehicles and people, regardless of the temperature. Get one, you will be happy.

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor?
   / Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #35  
I just ordered one, so hope it will transmit the 1/2 mile rated distance :thumbsup:

If it doesn't it will be easy to move it closer until it works

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #38  
Thanks for all the great info. I'm leaning towards the Guardline 1/4 mile sensor, but just came across the old fashioned hose on the road type sensor that goes off when you drive over it. Seems to me that would eliminate all false alarms and be super easy to install. Any thoughts on one of these?

https://www.amazon.com/Dakota-Alert...08&sr=8-1&keywords=driveway+alarm+rubber+hose
I kinda like this old fashion hose method... reminds me of gas stations in the old days when they serviced you! It would be nice to 'hear' the delivery truck when I am downstairs in my office. I have a remote door bell but for deliveries they don't ring the bell.

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #39  
Thanks for all the great info. I'm leaning towards the Guardline 1/4 mile sensor, but just came across the old fashioned hose on the road type sensor that goes off when you drive over it. Seems to me that would eliminate all false alarms and be super easy to install. Any thoughts on one of these?

https://www.amazon.com/Dakota-Alert...08&sr=8-1&keywords=driveway+alarm+rubber+hose

That is a down south item. For those of us who plow snow it isn’t feasible.

/ Anybody own a Guardline Driveway Sensor? #40  
Ordered the guardline today with 2 sensors.Had a older chamberlin driveway alarm installed.Will report back.