County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get!

/ County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get! #21  
I bought a County Line PHD a few years ago, used it, then sold it. It worked fine. I think you may have just got a bad one.

/ County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get! #22  
That's too bad. That is one ugly weld. I would take the unit back and exchange it.

Just bought the same one myself and all the welds looked great and I was impressed. Good value IMO.

I'd clean it off and weld it, as it would take less time and guarantee that the weld was good.

/ County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get!
Should have called everything attchments. Travis would have set you up

Not in the time I needed though. Had to get a fence built before this weekend which the only reason I went this way. I actually called EA about getting a post driver Monday but just couldn’t wait for it to get here.

The Missus surprised me with the fact that we are picking up a horse this weekend. Wasn’t expecting that. lol

/ County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get!
I'd clean it off and weld it, as it would take less time and guarantee that the weld was good.

That is the plan... As soon as I get my shop put up and wired. It will be springtime. The past seven weeks have been crazy busy trying to get the new place up to snuff.

/ County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get! #25  
I have a few things from TSC. Most have been ok for the price. I tend to only purchase the heavier items. I know some of their stuff was King Kutter, which is made about 45 miles north of me. 30 years ago I did some work for them. But I don't think TSC buys from them any longer. Not sure as to why.
Two years ago, my son bent my PHD with his 25hp tractor. I had used it for 30 years on my 35hp tractor with no problems. Going to fast and hit a rock. Also bent to top link on the tractor.
Hard to tell where some of this equipment comes from today. I believe in checking it over as best I can.

/ County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get! #26  
I'm sure you have valid reasons but I don't agree. I dug 45 holes today with the County Line 3pt PHD. It worked flawlessly. I have seen a number of others and don't see anything to warrant the product costing twice as much.

The TSC 3pt PHD may be wonderful,..... but MANY of their other implements are not!

/ County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get! #27  
I have a few things from TSC. Most have been ok for the price. I tend to only purchase the heavier items. I know some of their stuff was King Kutter, which is made about 45 miles north of me. 30 years ago I did some work for them. But I don't think TSC buys from them any longer. Not sure as to why.
Two years ago, my son bent my PHD with his 25hp tractor. I had used it for 30 years on my 35hp tractor with no problems. Going to fast and hit a rock. Also bent to top link on the tractor.
Hard to tell where some of this equipment comes from today. I believe in checking it over as best I can.

I suspect TSC found a cheaper supplier than King Kutter.
That cheaper supplier appears to be Tarter Gate.

/ County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get! #28  
Evidently, it wasn't that TSC's PHD was cheaply built.

Speed, RPMs, that's what I really don't like about the Tier 4 tractors. You are compelled to run them at a much higher RPM in order to keep the emission system from clogging. Not good when running such implements as a post hole digger or even in some cases operating a backhoe. :(

/ County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get! #29  
On tractors with DPF that do regens (which is all except Branson), they'll just regen more often if you idle them around all the time.

/ County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get! #30  
I bought one of these diggers last year and dug many holes with it. I dig at an idle and it seems to work pretty good. Dug hundreds by hand over the years so this is a treat to have IMG_3779.JPGIMG_3780.JPG