Tractor Sizing Almost Daily Thread: SUBCOMPACT or COMPACT TRACTOR?

/ Almost Daily Thread: SUBCOMPACT or COMPACT TRACTOR? #21  
I found the solution to the problem 0418191429.jpeg

/ Almost Daily Thread: SUBCOMPACT or COMPACT TRACTOR? #22  
Then comes Box Blade or Regular Grader Blade.

/ Almost Daily Thread: SUBCOMPACT or COMPACT TRACTOR? #23  
zachofalltrades;5407231[B said:
]Ill clear some things up from the perspective of a new person, since my thread was apparently one of the straws that broke Jeffs back :)[/B]

I知 using a phone for most of my reading, and there is but one search button on here and it痴 not very helpful. The main problem is the absence of useful search terms. A search for subcompact vs compact is either exact and excludes similar threads that don稚 say that exactly or it brings up every thread that includes either word.... which is all of them basically. On the phone interface I didn稚 see a sticky that addressed common questions, so I just went for it. All being said, I think everybody has given great info, but if someone wants to write up a nice concise guide (I don稚 think anybody would read a thread like this after a page or so) then a lot of us would jump into it and maybe ask some less common questions.

What I do think us new folks could work on more is going to the dealer and test driving more to get a feel for these machines. My excuse is that I知 too darn busy and I work when the dealer is open, but I知 working on it

No, this has nothing to do with you. He's been like this since day 1. At least one wall of text per day = Jeff. Gives him purpose. Same thing with preaching to people about putting in their location. And preaching about posters must use full and proper punctuation in every post(FOR RESPECT!).

Don't feel singled out. He's our poster child.

/ Almost Daily Thread: SUBCOMPACT or COMPACT TRACTOR? #24  
My thought is that if it bothers someone to post the same answers then just skip the **** thread. Others may want to help or may like helping.
For an OP It may not be just about finding information. It's possible that it's a way to start making coversation and getting to know fellow members.
I personally have met and made many friends off boards like these so give us noobs a break for asking something that has already been asked.
I found a lot of good info here but even better info from replies to my threads.
Thanks for all the help and lifes to short to get upset about reposting answers.
Plow ahead!

/ Almost Daily Thread: SUBCOMPACT or COMPACT TRACTOR? #25  
Makes me curious about the psychological basis for people to think of a forum site as their own little clique. Probably OWN a corner of facebook too.

/ Almost Daily Thread: SUBCOMPACT or COMPACT TRACTOR? #27  
Especially important if your are six feet tall or taller, wear a size 10 shoe or larger, if portly, or are considering an optional Backhoe, which often have snug operator stations.

True. I'm 6'-3", wear a size 13 shoe and tip the scales at 250#. I was considering a new cabbed Mahindra when shopping around late last year. When I went to look at them it was obvious they were engineered for smaller people. One tractor was a little tighter than the other, but both were cramped. The salesman was very nice and offered to see if their mechanic could rig the seat to go back farther. It didn't look like there was enough spare space behind the seat to make any big difference.

Ended up with a used Kubota that has a generously sized cab a much larger person would find comfortable.

/ Almost Daily Thread: SUBCOMPACT or COMPACT TRACTOR? #28  
As a neophyte, I still learn from those repetitive threads. But I can see how the experienced old timers would find them tedious...just ignore them I guess.

I am a member of a cast bullet forum that has a lot of "stickies" and it seems a lot of newbies do not read them. The age of instant gratification I guess.

I recently found an old thread on using draft control with a blade. Even the "experts" do not agree on some things....LOL. BTW, my search was to address my desire NOT to spend a bunch of money if I can get my rear blade to do a better job. My new LS has draft control so was wondering about it.

Also, the search function is not very good. I wind up using google and it takes me to old threads here.

Lastly, new members do not know what they do not know. They are looking for affirmation plus they think their needs/situation are unique. Buying a tractor is a significant investment.

/ Almost Daily Thread: SUBCOMPACT or COMPACT TRACTOR? #29  
As a neophyte, I still learn from those repetitive threads. But I can see how the experienced old timers would find them tedious...just ignore them I guess.

At my old job, a woman who is about 20 years older than me was retiring. She was my first boss there for the first 3-4 years. We'd worked together for about 20 years after that. We were sitting around reminiscing at lunch and I mentioned to her that while I like the younger people they are hiring now, they kind of annoy me. And then I asked her "When I was that young, did I annoy you like that?" She quickly replied "You still do!" and laughed really hard.

/ Almost Daily Thread: SUBCOMPACT or COMPACT TRACTOR? #30  
I think it's good that repetitive threads are posted from tractor neophytes. The new member can refine his or her own thinking by having to describe their issues to others, and it gives experienced forum members who don't spend all of their time here a chance to help someone.

If you're tired of the questions, stop reading them. Someone else will answer them.