Kubota MX

/ Kubota MX #1  

ChesapeakeBoy

Bronze Member
Tractor
2015 Kubota MX4800
Hi. I am new here.. but not new to Kubota's. I have a 2015 MX4800.. I really like the idea of the cab and more power of the new MX6000. I am just sure that I am going to get taken to the cleaners on trade.

/ Kubota MX #2  
hello, welcome to the forum. wise choice to post here.
i've been in your situation as well. lusting for more power & capabilities. never felt the need for a cab.
i've always regarded the MX series as a halfway house from the compacts to the M series utility tractors. reliable tractor (owned one myself). imho, the minimal hp gain you'd have stepping up to the 6200 would not justify the big hit you'll be taking in the trade. the cab would only add insult to injury for what you'd get.

if you are serious about an upgrade & willing to take the hit, i'd seriously look at stepping up to the M series, where you'd get much more bang for the buck than the MX series. the MX serves many users well but i have always considered it a wanna be tractor that did not cover my needs.
you might list your applications on the farm for others to review

am sure others here will offer good ideas. best of luck, regards bb

/ Kubota MX
Thanks for the input. I think I will be shocked when the dealers gives me the trade in. Since I am up north, where we get snow. Not unheard of to be out on -20 real temp. The Cab is the biggest reason for me to trade. HP gain is a bonus. The M is to big for my uses I think.

/ Kubota MX #4  
The orange paint tends to fade but it does seem to hold it’s value, good luck. Can also put it on Craig’s list, can be a pain but worth it sometimes.

/ Kubota MX
AH yes... you are right. I will get the most out of my 4800 if I private sale. The ease of a trade is also appealing. In the past, my dealer had told me that trade in value is lower due to the 0% on new financing.

/ Kubota MX #6  
I am in a similar position as you. I have a 2011 MX5100 with backhoe and love the tractor but would love a cab for winter snow blowing. I talked to a dealer and with the price of new with a cab, it痴 crazy pricing and of course they won稚 give one a good trade-in price. Going private is much more logical but still for the difference I don稚 think it痴 worth it. I even talked to a Kioti dealer which is not my first choice as Kubota has been very good to me. A 4310 with loader and snowblower, they still want $13k on top of my trade. Again not worth it. I did get a quote on a Agrital cab at just over $4k and it痴 nice based on pics I have seen. They make it in 8 days but it is shipped by boat so that is another 15-20 days for delivery. This I am considering but need to figure out how to install cab as it痴 900lbs and comes all in one piece so would need to somehow lift it to get the tractor, not easy.

/ Kubota MX #7  
I made that move for the very same reasons;from a L3130 HST to a L4240 HSTC.I certainly don't regret it.Cab,more H.P. and weight.
The add-on cabs don't make much sense;about the same cost and no air conditioning;the are never as nice as a factory unit.
When I traded;I got about what I paid for the L3130 new after four years of use.

/ Kubota MX #8  
I made that move for the very same reasons;from a L3130 HST to a L4240 HSTC.I certainly don't regret it.Cab,more H.P. and weight.
The add-on cabs don't make much sense;about the same cost and no air conditioning;the are never as nice as a factory unit.
When I traded;I got about what I paid for the L3130 new after four years of use.

Similar story to ChesapeakeBoy and nybirdman's.

Recently sold my L3200HST pictured below privately. It was bought new in 2012 and had a cab I made. The replacement (used) L4240HSTC was purchased privately in December of 2018. I could have bought new again this time, but chose to go with a really nice Pre-Tier IV Final unit. We used the L4240 in all 4 seasons, in part to make sure it was reliable and a good fit before parting with the L3200.

I haven't traded any tractors in the true sense. The closest to trading is when I bought the L3200. I was buying with cash, and we arrived at a number that made me happy. When the dealer saw my B7500, he liked it enough to buy it before we signed the papers. It worked for me because his offer was roughly $1,000 less than what I'd have wanted for a private sale. Due to his showing the B7500 as a trade-in on the transaction, I saved $600 on PA Sales Tax. No hassles.

I listed the L3200 here, orangetractortalks, Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist. Facebook Marketplace was the one that produced the buyer and all but one of the 14 responses. It ran about 5 weeks till sold, and the guy who saw it on Craigslist contacted me after the buyer and I had already been talking. He also wanted it and was ready to buy it if the sale fell through. I took an objective look at the pricing and had some patience.

Attachments

• IMG_6414.JPG
    IMG_6414.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 134
   / Kubota MX #9  

The price between a factory and aftermarket cab are very different. I agree that factory cabs are a lot nicer but there are several thousand dollars in difference.

You’re lucky you got a good trade, I would be interested in a new Kubota if I could get a good price selling privately but I just don’t believe I can get the dollars to make the a new purchase less painful.

/ Kubota MX
I am in a similar position as you. I have a 2011 MX5100 with backhoe and love the tractor but would love a cab for winter snow blowing. I talked to a dealer and with the price of new with a cab, it痴 crazy pricing and of course they won稚 give one a good trade-in price. Going private is much more logical but still for the difference I don稚 think it痴 worth it. I even talked to a Kioti dealer which is not my first choice as Kubota has been very good to me. A 4310 with loader and snowblower, they still want $13k on top of my trade. Again not worth it. I did get a quote on a Agrital cab at just over $4k and it痴 nice based on pics I have seen. They make it in 8 days but it is shipped by boat so that is another 15-20 days for delivery. This I am considering but need to figure out how to install cab as it痴 900lbs and comes all in one piece so would need to somehow lift it to get the tractor, not easy.

I was looking at the Agrital cab as well. I thought it looked very nice for an aftermarket cab. The price... eh.. not so happy with.