Drone suggestion

/ Drone suggestion #411  
Hoping for some good weather thru the next week so I can fly. I need to hone my skills so I can try some farm equipment video with the E2P. I want to utilize the zoom in 2x or 3x to get some very closeup shots without being in the operator's way. Would be a bit distracting to have a drone 20ft from the cab....

/ Drone suggestion #412  
Hoping for some good weather thru the next week so I can fly. I need to hone my skills so I can try some farm equipment video with the E2P. I want to utilize the zoom in 2x or 3x to get some very closeup shots without being in the operator's way. Would be a bit distracting to have a drone 20ft from the cab....
I flew mine for the first time in several months and I was bad. I taped a fishing line to the bottom and flew it around a tree and back so I could attach some parachord and then pull an antenna line. A bit of precision work and I was worried my fishing line would foul a prop and bring the drone down. No fail but but (yeah studdering) I was very nervous and struggled with my left/right and yaw.

/ Drone suggestion #413  
Interesting use of the drone. Wonder if a person could use a drone to string Christmas lights on a big pine tree?? I'm thinking one of you drone owners needs to try this...

/ Drone suggestion #415  
To be proficient I need to fly a couple times a week.

Anything less and I'm shaking like a leaf on the controls. Now add a drone change and I'm a mess....

Music on a video has to be carefully selected. My drone friend Francis in France does it the best. Usually elevator music. :)

/ Drone suggestion #416  
Interesting use of the drone. Wonder if a person could use a drone to string Christmas lights on a big pine tree?? I'm thinking one of you drone owners needs to try this...
It was actually my wife's brilliant idea. It saved me the embarrassment and hassle of trying to throw a string tied to a rock and miss my target or worse throw my arm out! Definitely a two person operation though to manage the line.

I might experiment to see if I can easily lift 1/8in parachord instead of fishing line. That will eliminate one step of the process.

/ Drone suggestion #417  
I might experiment to see if I can easily lift 1/8in parachord instead of fishing line. That will eliminate one step of the process.

I really like this idea. I was thinking I could fly some fishing line around a high branch I want to bring down in a controlled way, then I could use the fishing line to pull a nylon rope, and then a chain with the nylon rope. I've done sketchier things, but I have lots of high dead limbs I want to get down. Hmmm...

/ Drone suggestion #419  
Thanks LittleBill,

I also think I found one for the Mavic 2 Pro that I have:

Amazon.com: O'woda Mavic 2 Drone Airdropper Clip Payload Delivery Transport Device Wedding Drone Fishing Bait Search & Rescue Tool for Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom (Not for Mavic Pro): Toys & Games

Might be worth a try for $50 but the Amazon reviews make it sound a little sketchy. Need to look around on youtube for some video demo/reviews. I am also trying to find what is the lift capability.

Edit: I see the recommended payload is 500g max.

Last edited:
   / Drone suggestion #420  
I really like this idea. I was thinking I could fly some fishing line around a high branch I want to bring down in a controlled way, then I could use the fishing line to pull a nylon rope, and then a chain with the nylon rope. I've done sketchier things, but I have lots of high dead limbs I want to get down. Hmmm...

No pics and it didn't happen!!! :D