Deciding on grapple type, not brand yet.

/ Deciding on grapple type, not brand yet. #1  

Hersheyfarm

Veteran Member
I am leaning towards a single lid instead of the dual lid, and the shorter bottom. This will be for a svl75. I have no ability to try them out so watching vids and etc.. my main thing will be woods cleanup, lots of old downed trees, honeysuckle, and undergrowth. I like the bigger rake style lid with ability for back dragging. Anybody got both or bought one and wish theyæ±*e got the other?

/ Deciding on grapple type, not brand yet. #2  
Years ago, like 10, I bought the rake master grapple like the YouTube presenter CotonTop purchased & I absolutely love the thing. At first I thought it was overkill and over weighted for the kind of work I’d was going to be doing. Neither was true.

/ Deciding on grapple type, not brand yet. #3  
For the SVL I'd go with dual lid. I often wish I went dual lid on my MX but at the same time it would be slower and weigh more on an already heavy implement for the tractor.

/ Deciding on grapple type, not brand yet. #4  
I bought a duel lid with open tines in the front. I didn’t like the idea of the open front at first but it’s quickly grown on me. The open teeth cut through the ground without damaging it much or picking up much dirt. Here’s the only picture I could find that shows the bottom. IMG_9672.JPG

/ Deciding on grapple type, not brand yet.
This is the style I’m thinking. The duel lid seems useful but not for raking.

2A58C0FD-B274-40F1-ABAE-B8E9F77D7DEC.png

But then again the longer tine bottom would allow you to see what you digging into.

/ Deciding on grapple type, not brand yet. #7  
Last edited:
   / Deciding on grapple type, not brand yet. #8  
I have the long, open bottom, dual lid type. It is nice as you can scoop things up, rake through the ground to clear vines, grab rocks etc. OR come over the top and down to grab a large brush pile. Stuff doesn't fall out with the longer bottom and dual lids as it is resting on the tines not just the clamping force. They all will move brush I suppose.

/ Deciding on grapple type, not brand yet.
That is the style of my first grapple:

View attachment 686114 View attachment 686115

Not the best for picking up large brush piles. But, any grapple is better than no grapple.:

View attachment 686116 View attachment 686117

I can rake just fine going forward with the Monster Grapple: https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...pact-telehandler-post5502717.html#post5502717

View attachment 686118 View attachment 686120

Nice. Thanks. Just the comparison I am looking for, all though your lid is flat and some are more rounded.

/ Deciding on grapple type, not brand yet. #10  
If EverythingAttachments is a possible choice, Contact Ted or Travis and they could probably arrange for you to come out and try out a couple different styles that they offer out in NC.