Premix vs gas station 2 stroke

/ Premix vs gas station 2 stroke #61  
Sadly, the liberal climate freaks have effectively banned non ethanol gas in my state.
The law states: "ethanol free gas may not be dispensed from a pump"
Ethanol in gasoline was given to us by conservative lawmakers to appease the farmers. "Liberal climate freaks" were against it. Look it up.

/ Premix vs gas station 2 stroke #63  
One cigarette with flat gas and it will be your last.

/ Premix vs gas station 2 stroke #65  
On a side note, it's pretty hard to light gasoline with a cigarette. Harder than most folks think. But it is possible, and if you do, WOOOOF!!!

/ Premix vs gas station 2 stroke #66  
I haven't read the thread other than seeing the "everyone knows gas lasts 30 days, even with stabilizers" thing - 🤦‍♂️ - so here is a real, large scale datapoint:

Out in the boonies with regular storm power outages, I have 100+ gallons of 9-10 year old summer premium pump gas double-dosed with PRI-G, stored in perfectly sealing metal cans.

Lately I've been making an effort to finally refresh that supply. That gas looks and smells fine. Half of it has already been run in small engines and in a variety of older port-injected non-turbo vehicles. Engine performance is indistinguishable from fresh gas.

/ Premix vs gas station 2 stroke #67  
4B6CDFF1-2B2A-4699-9F82-885F3224AB2C.png

:ROFLMAO:

/ Premix vs gas station 2 stroke #68  
Even with stabilizer, gas is only good for 30 days.
I keep hearing peple say this. Maybe I am lucky. Put the zero turn away in the fall. Has E10 in it. Hit it with stabil. Fired right up this last weekend to mow for the first time.

Snowblower is also 4 stroke engine. The fule in there is NOT stabilized. It is well more than 30 days old. Started on the first pull. Because that fule is not stabilized I let it run dry for summer storage.

This is my yearly routine and I have never had a problem. Oh and the generator has stabilized fule in it that is around a year old and it fired up. I need to either run that out or syphon it and use it up.

/ Premix vs gas station 2 stroke #69  
i use premix. its easy, i only use a gallon or 2 maybe per year. I also use ethanol free and it lasts quite a long time. hopped on the mower a week ago and fired right up with last seasons gas.

/ Premix vs gas station 2 stroke #70  
Do an internet search for Ethanol Gas Shelf Life. It's a thing. Ethanol gas is a new animal. It's hydrophilic and more corrosive.

^ both are worth reading but also worth fact-checking

You'll see MANY articles recommending to use within 3-6 months. The ethanol absorbs moisture, which seems to form a whit gooey mess that clogs small orifices (idle and operating ports, the tiny mesh screens on filters, etc).

My father showed me the fuel pump/filter/gauge sending unit out of a car that sat for a few years. It looked like he dipped it in resin. It congealed so thick that the components inside were unrecognizable. I've heard anecdotal tales from MANY old timers who said that ever since ethanol came around, their small engine carbs started needing to be cleaned out every other season, but ran fine for years before. The insist something changed.

I'm fortunate to have a few stations nearby that pump ethanol free. I use it in my boat, mowers, chainsaws, etc that don't use a lot but sit for long periods. It's pricey gas but a small price to pay for the dependability.