Stupid Things I Have Done

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #41  
Not me, but my dad. When I was a kid he had ‘39 Plymouth. Something was wrong with the differential so he rebuilt it. When he reinstalled it, he put it in upside down. I think the pinion gear was centered on the ring gear unlike todays diffs. Any way when he went to try it out, he has 3 speeds in reverse and one forward. OOPS! He pulled it back out and turned it over but in his frustration he forgot to put the lube back in. Drove it a couple of miles before it froze up.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #42  
Put on my jacket, work boots, gloves and walk out to the tractor. Then I realize I forgot the keys.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #43  
Put on my jacket, work boots, gloves and walk out to the tractor. Then I realize I forgot the keys.

LOL! Do that all the time. Same with the mailbox key - my mailbox is about a half mile from the house and I walk down every day to pick up my mail. And when I get there I realize the key is still back at the house.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done
LOL! Do that all the time. Same with the mailbox key - my mailbox is about a half mile from the house and I walk down every day to pick up my mail. And when I get there I realize the key is still back at the house.

That’s ok. Today I walk to the mailbox and right as I’m getting ready to open the box I remember —- what an idiot!

MoKelly

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #45  
Not tractor related but I was in Thailand on a CAT team once, the grateful locals made us meals hungry I grabbed a bottle I thought was soy sauce, poured it all over my rice dish, unfortunately it was rancid fermented fish sauce, locals loved it I did not.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #46  
That’s ok. Today I walk to the mailbox and right as I’m getting ready to open the box I remember —- what an idiot!

MoKelly
You sound like a boomer! Like me😂😂😂✌🏻

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #47  
Man- that mailbox round trip makes my tractor key boo-boo look like child's play. It's 100 feet - house to tractor. You guys must get mail in one of those "cluster mail box" arrangements. Homes out this way aren't close enough together for that kind of arrangement.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #48  
My reading glasses is another of my problems. I've learned - leave the house, be certain one pair of reading glasses are in my pocket.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #49  
I read this thread this morning and had a few good laughs. Then went out to get my lawnmower where it stopped on me last evening - in kind of a difficult spot partially under a tree on pretty good slope. I fight the tree branches and get on it and try to start it and it just clicked like a safety switch wasn't made. I checked everything and tried again - still nothing. I tried checking a few of the safety switches and all appeared to be working. Frustrated - partially with the difficult area to work in - I got out my tractor and drug it back to level ground. There I got on it to try again and saw that since it had quit on me I had never turned the blades off. Flipped that switch and it started immediately.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done
I read this thread this morning and had a few good laughs. Then went out to get my lawnmower where it stopped on me last evening - in kind of a difficult spot partially under a tree on pretty good slope. I fight the tree branches and get on it and try to start it and it just clicked like a safety switch wasn't made. I checked everything and tried again - still nothing. I tried checking a few of the safety switches and all appeared to be working. Frustrated - partially with the difficult area to work in - I got out my tractor and drug it back to level ground. There I got on it to try again and saw that since it had quit on me I had never turned the blades off. Flipped that switch and it started immediately.

All’s well that ends without extra expense!

Funny how the brain works initially when things don’t work. Once calmed down and able to think, we tend to find the answer.

MoKelly