/ 2xxx series users?? #1  

Goose1776

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey 2706e
Soooo
LOL
I am still looking at Power Tracs
The 425, is just a bit smaller than what I really want. Although, I may end up going with it, just due to $$
Their re-vamp of the 1430 is making things difficult for me.
Really wanted to stick with a diesel unit, due to fuel transport and storage (already have other diesel equipment)
Are there any users of any of the 2xxx series units on here?
I would like to pick your brain if possible.

I am actually starting to branch out and looking at compact articulated loaders from
Avant, Vermeer, and Giant.. but Woowee, they are proud of those.!!

/ 2xxx series users?? #2  
I recently bought a 1460 and prior to, I looked at Giant. One thing with those that was a deal killer for me is their extremely limited ability to operate on a side slope. I loved the paint quality and the ability to lock all the hyd motors mimicking a differential lock. But I have mostly uneven ground, so went with the PT.

/ 2xxx series users?? #3  
Soooo
LOL
I am still looking at Power Tracs
The 425, is just a bit smaller than what I really want. Although, I may end up going with it, just due to $$
Their re-vamp of the 1430 is making things difficult for me.
Really wanted to stick with a diesel unit, due to fuel transport and storage (already have other diesel equipment)
Are there any users of any of the 2xxx series units on here?
I would like to pick your brain if possible.

I am actually starting to branch out and looking at compact articulated loaders from
Avant, Vermeer, and Giant.. but Woowee, they are proud of those.!!
Yeah, the change of the 1430 to gas is part of a leading edge of a LOT of small equipment dropping diesel due to emission regs. Aside from the complexity, the cost of the aftertreatment is often as expensive as the engine itself - and waaaay more of a nuisance to package!

The tough part for a lot of manufacturers is to switch to gas, or to try to make the jump to electric. The power density of batteries is still not quite high enough to replace a fuel burner in the short run, but it will probably get there in the next 5 - 10 years or so.

SO - tough decision for you for sure. Time of big technology change, and the path forward is certainly not clear yet!

/ 2xxx series users?? #4  
1623552301829.jpeg

/ 2xxx series users?? #5  
View attachment 702298
If you are going to look at this 2445 make sure you try all the hydraulics. Power Trac will not sell a hyd mower with the 24XX series tractor because they don't have a large enough oil cooler and will overheat. So there is a chance this machine will have ongoing problems with the hydraulic system from leaks to poor service life of expensive components.

/ 2xxx series users??
If you are going to look at this 2445 make sure you try all the hydraulics. Power Trac will not sell a hyd mower with the 24XX series tractor because they don't have a large enough oil cooler and will overheat. So there is a chance this machine will have ongoing problems with the hydraulic system from leaks to poor service life of expensive components.

Thanks for this info. I didn’t know that.

/ 2xxx series users?? #7  
I have a 425, 2425 and a 1430. The bulk of my experience (16 years full time landscaping and snow removal) is on the 425. I only have 20 or so hours on the 2425, but have a fair idea of the pros and cons of it versus the 425.

2425 has better cutting edge visibility from the seat and is, of course, easier to load trucks with. The 425 is more stable and nimble.

The 425 is the newest machine. the 2425 and 1430 are older (they have hydroback cables)

I am no mechanic, but, do most of the work on these machines myself. I prefer working on the gas machines because they are less intimating to me. Plus, if all else fails, I can replace the entire engine for a relatively low cost.

Hope this helps.