life on 75 acres

/ life on 75 acres #13  
Thinking of farming on your land ? What kind of ?

/ life on 75 acres #14  
Zillow should give a good estimate
I wouldn't rely on algorithm-based Zillow for any property value. In most markets, a licensed realtor will give an opinion of value with no obligation, which would be better.

The algorithm-driven products get tripped up many ways. Such as, if a nearby couple divorces and one buys out the other, it often creates a "comparable sale" that drives down all nearby values. A local realtor knows such a sale was for only half the property, but the algorithms often cannot pick up this kind of ancillary data.

/ life on 75 acres
Thinking of farming on your land ? What kind of
yes i want to prep the field in order to make hay for horses since i own some and want to move them here i will have to built a barn … the old timer are going to stop making hay soon and lots of people will end up without hay for their horse… Also people are coming from out of town to buy property just to make hay out here. this property was for sale for a long time and i just couldn’t let someone else buying it so i bought it.

/ life on 75 acres #16  
I heard they grow some nice snowballs up there.

/ life on 75 acres #17  
You and your wife must love your horses a lot. A 75 acre farm and a new barn...wow.

BTW, if people are buying property to make hay they must be nuts...but it offers a good opportunity for you. Contract to do the farming for them. Of course, you may be better off watching them fail and selling your excess hay to them.

I am reminded of a story i heard when many of the 100 acre farms were failing. How do you become a millionaire farmer? Start with two million dollars.

BTW, 35 years ago, our family owned 245 acres north of Toronto and one parcel was a 100 acre farm. None of the folks we rented to were able to succeed for very long. Hope things have improved for the little guy

Good luck

/ life on 75 acres #19  
Bon Chance!

BTW, North of Toronto is Detroit, Michigan....one of my favorite geography trick questions.

/ life on 75 acres
You and your wife must love your horses a lot. A 75 acre farm and a new barn...wow.

BTW, if people are buying property to make hay they must be nuts...but it offers a good opportunity for you. Contract to do the farming for them. Of course, you may be better off watching them fail and selling your excess hay to them.

I am reminded of a story i heard when many of the 100 acre farms were failing. How do you become a millionaire farmer? Start with two million dollars.

BTW, 35 years ago, our family owned 245 acres north of Toronto and one parcel was a 100 acre farm. None of the folks we rented to were able to succeed for very long. Hope things have improved for the little guy

Good luck
thanks, a little bit at a time … my wife current board for her horses will basically pay for the barn, i will only built the barn in 5 years or so …

lol good one

for us it’s a hobby farm i have lots of time off with my schedule plus we both have separate jobs but will see what future brings hopefully it could be our retirement plan …