New House Build in WV

/ New House Build in WV #501  
Nice, like the porch lights.

/ New House Build in WV #502  
Good looking porch. Is that where the best view is, or is that on the other side of the house?

/ New House Build in WV
Good looking porch. Is that where the best view is, or is that on the other side of the house?

Both views are pretty good, but the back looks over the hay field where lots of deer and turkey cross, so we sit back there most of the time.

The sun hits the front in the morning and back for a short time in the evening. That also dictates which porch we use.

/ New House Build in WV #504  
When I built my house, my front porch had the best view. Over time, it became the place to hang out, and eventually I fenced it in and made a backyard out of it for the dogs. We are now flipping the house so the back entrance will be the front door. I got it totally backwards when I built it ten years ago.

/ New House Build in WV #505  
When I built my house, my front porch had the best view. Over time, it became the place to hang out, and eventually I fenced it in and made a backyard out of it for the dogs. We are now flipping the house so the back entrance will be the front door. I got it totally backwards when I built it ten years ago.
Not to hijack the OP's thread, where did you get a big enough crane to pick up your house and turn it around? Pretty good design if the foudation lined up. LOL. Jon

/ New House Build in WV #506  

As the song goes “the view I love the best is my front porch looking in”!

MoKelly

/ New House Build in WV #507  
Long porches are a staple down here in older homes. I still like them, I like to be on the east side of a home, in the shade, in the evening.

/ New House Build in WV
Long porches are a staple down here in older homes. I still like them, I like to be on the east side of a home, in the shade, in the evening.

Always wanted full length porches, we almost changed it, but changed back at the last minute, glad we did. Being in the country, they are pretty common here.

Of course I may have been second guessing that when I was pressure washing it this morning with an achy leg……

/ New House Build in WV

We only seem to use the front door when going out on the porch. We really only come in through the garage. Pretty much all of our visitors are family and friends, so they use the garage as well. I’m guessing the front door will be mostly for strangers, which we see very little of living out a quarter mile gravel road that dead ends on our property. Your pretty much Invited or lost…..

/ New House Build in WV
Crappy turn of events have led to no progress…..

My middle school daughter brought Covid home from school, her symptoms started late Thursday. My wife got it Friday, my son and myself had symptoms by Saturday/Sunday.

We are fortunate to have mostly mild symptoms. Kids are back to normal. Wife had it the worst with terrible body aches, fever, chills etc. I seem to have made it out with just headache, fever and some chills. Wife and I are on the mend but still have about 0 energy. Thankful for no respiratory symptoms.

Very disappointed that I will miss the first two games with my baseball team, assistant coaches will fill in. That’s if we have enough not quarantined to play…..

While I consider our cases pretty mild, I still don’t want to get it again anytime soon, that’s for sure. The fatigue is awful!