Enough Trailer for my Tractor??

/ Enough Trailer for my Tractor?? #11  
Then you go 10k 14k, then your truck has to be 2500 or 3500.......and the list goes on and on and on. Just buy what you think you need and be happy. I bought a 20' 10k tilt trailer and haul my 4600# compact tractor with my 2004 Chevy 1500 with adequate setup and it does all that I need.
? You just contradicted yourself and said your own 10k, 20' pulls fine behind your 1500, with a similar size tractor. Don't necessarily need a 2500 if you have a 10k tow rating or better on your 1500.

/ Enough Trailer for my Tractor?? #12  
Price would be the determining factor at this point all else having been considered

/ Enough Trailer for my Tractor?? #13  
? You just contradicted yourself and said your own 10k, 20' pulls fine behind your 1500, with a similar size tractor. Don't necessarily need a 2500 if you have a 10k tow rating or better on your 1500.
Well, PLENTY of TBN people told me I CAN'T pull a 10k trailer SAFELY with my 1500, but I do. The point is, just like you know come and point out how I contradict myself.......there is always one in the crowd that will point out that you're doing it wrong or unsafe. That you will need a 2500 or 3500 to be safe yadi yadi etc etc. I'm still a few hundred # below my 1500's max tow rate of 7800#. But then again, I wasn't asking for advice, simply state....do your own research with your own parameters and get what you can afford and work with it.

/ Enough Trailer for my Tractor?? #14  
I'd be more concerned about the tow vehicle. Don'
t expect to pull much of anything with a weenie truck (like a Ford F150) it may pull it fine but get in as panic situation and you may not only run out of braking power but rear ending someone else because you cannot stop is 'assured clear distance' in any state and will garner you a ticket plus you'll be 100% liable for damage to the other vehicle and possibly a personal injury claim.

/ Enough Trailer for my Tractor?? #15  
Well, PLENTY of TBN people told me I CAN'T pull a 10k trailer SAFELY with my 1500, but I do. The point is, just like you know come and point out how I contradict myself.......there is always one in the crowd that will point out that you're doing it wrong or unsafe. That you will need a 2500 or 3500 to be safe yadi yadi etc etc. I'm still a few hundred # below my 1500's max tow rate of 7800#. But then again, I wasn't asking for advice, simply state....do your own research with your own parameters and get what you can afford and work with it.
Gotcha. Are you quite sure your trailer is under 3200 lbs? My 10k, 20' car hauler is 2900 lbs, without any tilt!

But just for the record... not necessarily great advice to recommended other folks tow at 95% to %110% of their legal towing capacity. Might toodle around town just fine, but a panic stop could be another story.

/ Enough Trailer for my Tractor?? #16  
Trailer in pic pretty much matches my 16' in all aspects. I've hauled all three of my CUTs up to 50 mi each way w/o incident either to buy or to MIE to have bits installed. Having o'loaded it once for a short trip I suggest that tire capacity/condition will typically be the weak point.

/ Enough Trailer for my Tractor?? #17  
I have an opportunity to purchase a nearly new/one trip trailer from a friend. A 16', dual axle flatbed with stored ramps, #7000GVW. The tag states not to load more than #5400 lbs.
I have a 2018 Kioti CK2610 tractor, loader, backhoe, with loaded rear tires.
My quick calculations show I would be under max weight, but not by much.
Is this trailer worth buying, or should I look at something larger. I would only rarely be towing the tractor and mostly local runs less than 75 miles.
Thanks for your input.
Patrick
View attachment 714113View attachment 714114
You didn't give us a price but asked if it was worth buying. I think it is because a good deal is a good deal. I have one like it and will haul 15k if I need to. Key is good trailer transport type tires if 15" or some LT tires if 16" , flats are a nightmare on the road. Once I had two flats. Carry two spares now. I carry extra shackles too, but I am moving up to slipper springs soon, and changing these drop axles. I've never had brakes. It has new hydraulic brakes but never hooked up. I have snapped off two hammerblow hitches hauling too much. So I never thought one of those brake actuator hitches would hold up. But I have electric brakes on the straight axles. I do want to be legal. Keep a hi lift jack and some lube with you. Flats on the hi way are dangerous. Plywood squares and blocks are handy items when you end up in flat city.

/ Enough Trailer for my Tractor?? #18  
Ive been hauling equipment daily for almost 20 years on trailers that are loaded to very near to their rated max capacity without incident. the rated capacity is a safe rating with a significant margin before it becomes unsafe. if the price is right, go for it.

/ Enough Trailer for my Tractor?? #19  
Ive been hauling equipment daily for almost 20 years on trailers that are loaded to very near to their rated max capacity without incident. the rated capacity is a safe rating with a significant margin before it becomes unsafe. if the price is right, go for it.

Heavy duty trailers have more safety margins but in my experience trailers trailers below 10,000 pounds don’t like being overloaded especially for prolonged use.

/ Enough Trailer for my Tractor?? #20  
kinda like an expiration date , a serving size, or a speed limit for that matter.
recommendations, aside from the speed limit of course.