Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look?

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #71  
I'm still looking at means of internet because some dumb arse (me) forgot to run a phone or cable line to the house when we ran power.
That's interesting. My house is 650' off the road, and the cable company ran their line back to the house for no installation charge. Several years later, fiber optics became available, and that company did the same thing. I don't think traditional land line service is available anymore for new installations. The local phone company is pushing their fiber optics for new service.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look?
That's interesting. My house is 650' off the road, and the cable company ran their line back to the house for no installation charge. Several years later, fiber optics became available, and that company did the same thing. I don't think traditional land line service is available anymore for new installations. The local phone company is pushing their fiber optics for new service.

It all depends on how far and if there is money from the rural telecommunication programs to service your home. There are situations that you can even get all of it paid for for years through government programs. I was in a meeting with some Starlink executives and they revealed how much of the % for their systems was from those programs and I was floored. It has been years since we have worked with those programs but some of them are pretty good. At my old home in Alpharetta, GA since we were agriculture we ended up getting mid five figures of money to put in the connections.

Also I love it, everyone says assistant, I actually enjoy looking for where I am going to live myself asking advice etc along the way. While attorney/client privilege can be gotten through it is quite hard to do so. Attorneys can get somewhat pricey, yes my ex may find this but I don't really want it to be as simple as a google search. I mainly was looking to see if anyone had something for sale that wanted a quick deal, or knew of a neighbor that had one. It would be damn near impossible to find something perfect I am just listing what would be perfect most other things are negotiable. This weekend I have an appointment to see two different properties that are over 800 miles apart, getting a real estate agent to grasp that you are looking across multiple states is a very hard deal to do just FYI.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #73  
I'm assuming that statement means he owns a 1 acre tract less than a couple of miles from an NFL stadium that is realively new. He ain't in Charlotte.

The newest NFL stadiums are:

- Inglewood, CA home of Rams/Chargers - opened 2020

- Las Vegas, NV home of Raiders - opened 2020

- Atlanta, GA home if Falcons - opened 2017

MoKelly

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #74  
The newest NFL stadiums are:

- Inglewood, CA home of Rams/Chargers - opened 2020

- Las Vegas, NV home of Raiders - opened 2020

- Atlanta, GA home if Falcons - opened 2017

MoKelly
He said new-ish; probably 49ers stadium in Santa Clara CA, which matches his West coast tech job.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #75  
STBX anything and their lawyers read any and all online stuff available to get ammo for the legal process. The first thing any good divorce lawyer will tell you is —- stay off social media!

MoKelly
swinging at a funny,,,,,,,,,, blah.

Best,

ed

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #76  
Odd thing to me is that most, if not all, of the top requirements seem to fit Texas. Why so adamant about avoiding Texas? Not that we need any more influx, just curious.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #78  
Plot thickens!!! Going to get some popcorn...

Seriously, I'm a big fan of Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina... if you take your time (wait for the right property) you can find some pretty good deals. Of the three, I think North Carolina has much higher prices compared to the other two.
i think VA would beat N.C. in terms of property prices.

Northern VA kinda skews the average but still, in general, i think VA more expensive.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #80  
Northern VA has sort of grown outward into central VA now.

If you are 1o0 miles near DC, your paying for it.

The DC Richmond corridor is rapidly becoming one big metropolis.

The area is B U S Y.

i think VA would beat N.C. in terms of property prices.

Northern VA kinda skews the average but still, in general, i think VA more expensive.