Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look?

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #211  
With all the development around me, NC is looking more interesting everyday.
Be careful where you move to NC (if you ever do), as even our area seems to keep growing with houses and developments.

Honestly, I'm glad I won't be around in another couple hundred of years to see what our population growth brings us as a country.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #212  
Be careful where you move to NC (if you ever do), as even our area seems to keep growing with houses and developments.

Honestly, I'm glad I won't be around in another couple hundred of years to see what our population growth brings us as a country.

Around my parts? Sheesh...data centers....lot of data centers..... And clustered developments around....data centers.

I have the solar people knocking....and the land grabbers calling....and the tax man....waiting and counting their future beans. The tax people, probably calculating their models in one of those.....data centers. LOL.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #213  
I was very lucky to find my wooded parcel (19 acres) in a semi-urban area for just $4500/acre in 2012. My buddy just bought the 10 acres next door for 15k/acre last year, one of the last big parcels available in the area that didn't want developer prices (thankfully it was a flag lot with too narrow a driveway flag for a proper road). Any big parcel around here is now targeted for development, and asking 20-40k per acre.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #214  
Five acre farmland parcels around me START at $100K per acre.

If a building site is allowed, DOUBLE that.

A serviced, city sized house lot ( 3000sq ft ) in my area starts at $800K.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #215  
Texted you?

I'd be on that persons butt for invasion of privacy/spamming/unsolicited and what not.

Yes, that thought crossed my mind. They had my address in the text. I generally don’t give out my cell number, but they got it from some database somewhere.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #216  
A real estate agent texted me last weekend about buying my property. My response was $6M it’s yours. I hope I went high enough.
I also got a random text last week asking if I wanted to sell. My first reply was, “how did you get my private cell phone number?” Her response was only “we pull public records in areas of interest”. Ooooh k…

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #217  
I also got a random text last week asking if I wanted to sell. My first reply was, “how did you get my private cell phone number?” Her response was only “we pull public records in areas of interest”. Ooooh k…
Hmm...

I was not aware cell phone numbers were publicly available. Technically I guess if you fill something out like a bill of sale and put your cell down....well you just gave it up?

I am super careful with cells.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #218  
No law against someone sending you a text. Unfortunately.
just reply $30,000,000

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #219  
Hmm...

I was not aware cell phone numbers were publicly available. Technically I guess if you fill something out like a bill of sale and put your cell down....well you just gave it up?

I am super careful with cells.
Yeah, they are not. I am not clear on how they can connect my property specifically with my phone number. First time it's happened.

When you get a random spam text, thats usually just a shot in the dark from whatever a$$hole wants to spend their day that way. But a stranger who knows exactly where I live? Kinda creepy.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #220  
No law against someone sending you a text. Unfortunately.
just reply $30,000,000

Text them back at random times..

"Hey! How's it going?".....

You might even make a new friend or partner with him and make a fortune in real estate.