Bought a Kioti CK3510SE TLB, Package w/ Trailer & Attachments

/ Bought a Kioti CK3510SE TLB, Package w/ Trailer & Attachments #81  
If the tractor is a Tier IV / Stage 5 tractor (2020 and after), the Dash Cluster does indicate ECU Faults. This was added by KIOTI to help customers and dealers communicate error codes before needing the Diagnostic Program to source the issue.

This is very interesting.... I don't suppose one could swap in a >2020 cluster into a <2020 Tier IV unit and get that functionality, could they?

/ Bought a Kioti CK3510SE TLB, Package w/ Trailer & Attachments
This is very interesting.... I don't suppose one could swap in a >2020 cluster into a <2020 Tier IV unit and get that functionality, could they?
Doubtful. It's probably a different ECU calibration, possibly including specific CAN protocols for sharing that CEL info.

/ Bought a Kioti CK3510SE TLB, Package w/ Trailer & Attachments #83  
Doubtful. It's probably a different ECU calibration, possibly including specific CAN protocols for sharing that CEL info.
Hey, a man can dream!

Might as well type out an update here, for posterity.

I bought the Autel HD (J1939/J1708) scan tool a while back. Figured I couldn't go wrong since it also does all the other automotive protocols. Good value tool for $109.

It readily connected to the ECU, but still couldn't do to the official "scan codes" or "clear codes". Unsupported functions. But, at least this scanner doesn't kill the engine when you try these functions. And again in the "freeze frame" data, I could see the code for the Air Control Valve.

So finally, I threw in the towel on my own diagnostics, and loaded her up on the trailer.

E4gJzIo.jpg

My closest Kioti dealer is only ~10 miles away. They gladly received my machine, transferred the warranty for me (since I didn't buy it there), and got it into the shop within a week. As suspected, the air control valve was at issue. Supposedly it passed the diagnostic tests they can run, but still kept tripping the CEL code/light. So they ordered a new one for me, it arrived within a week, they promptly put it in, and voila! No more codes, running great. Free repair under warranty - bad ass.

I wanted to build some good will with my dealer and sort of say thank you, so I bought an implement they had sitting in their yard that I had been keeping an eye on - Bad Boy 72" land grader.

RjWFy16.jpg

I tried it on my frozen, bone-dry gravel driveway upon arriving home. Kind of dissapointed, but the drive was nearly concrete. I knew I'd have to wait for a thaw and some moisture.

f9WXJqX.jpg

A few days later, and Muuuch better:
puuauzU.jpg

Also found time over the holidays to get my hydraulic top link installed. Easy peasy!

Ar04EOq.jpg

Had to clock the cylinder hose port housing to the side to better clear the fuel tank at full lift. Almost made a very expensive mistake first...

Sirl2z1.jpg

Just to be safe, I found a snug fitting spare bolt to slide into my 3-pt control lever slot, to just slightly limit the full lift height (still plenty).

r1Hd55Q.jpg

Parked the land grader in the yard and put the 7' rear blade back on a couple days ago, in anticipation of a decent snow storm heading our way... and then.... a measly 2". Bummer. Oh well, was still enough to sled with the kids and try the first x-country ski in the woods.

My previous 6' rear blade did not have angled positions in reverse. This newer one I has does, but only at a shallow angle. So I tried it out, did pretty well but didn't really move much snow off the drive. Kinda just flattened it out, but at least it didn't scrape any gravel away.

But the COOLEST thing I have ever seen on facebook... is a post in the Kioti group about how you dont need any fancy attachments to haul garbage/recycling bins. The SSQA bracket fits them perfectly! Don't even have to get off the tractor - bonus.

l5vZViu.jpg

It was such a beautiful winter day yesterday. Cold enough to not melt anything. Warm enough (in the sun) to spend the whole afternoon outside basking in it. I shuffled all my firewood totes to get the most seasoned wood queued up next - seems winter is finally here now.

mj9nxim.jpg

Spring 2022 Update. Tractor is kicking A$$. No codes or issues whatsoever since the ACV replacement under warranty in Dec 21. ~45 hours of run time since I bought it and no detectable regens yet.

The bad boy lane plane is a magical tool for rejuvenating my gravel driveway after the spring thaw.

I saw a post on the Kioti facebook group about these Kolpin grips, so bought a pair. Fantastic! Worth every penny of $46 for the pair. Thankfully I had some longer bolts in the leftovers bin to use for mounting.

o6MNcz0.jpg

Then I got a new toy tool delivered to work (loading dock, to avoid shipping charges) and brought it home.

ms9PsrC.jpg

Yes, I already had a grapple. No complaints about the EA wicked 55", it's a nice piece and works great. But I wanted longer bottom tines for holding more logs or being able to move lumber around, etc.

aevivtt.jpg

Works great!

kd9oCQm.jpg

Spring is starting to burst out now finally, here in southern Michigan. Time to get the backhoe back on and dive into some projects.

/ Bought a Kioti CK3510SE TLB, Package w/ Trailer & Attachments #87  
Definitely times longer bottom tines are worth it. Main reason I bought the one I did, as a kind of compromise.

Question: Can you tell me the size of your trailer?

What kind do you have? I have to say, the MTL compact-tractor grapple is a terrific bargain at under $1200 shipped. Assuming it holds up well.

The trailer that came in my tractor package is a Load-Trail 20' , 10k car hauler. I was saving up to buy an 18'er and wanted a 10k or 12k rated trailer, but the prices rose faster than I could save up or justify spending. So to get a 10k 20' in my package was pretty amazing. The original invoice for the trailer shows the previous owner bought it for just over $4000 in 2018 or 2019, I forget. But that same trailer is closer to $6 or 7k today, I think.

20' length is definitely appreciated when hauling with the backhoe or a brush hog mounted.

/ Bought a Kioti CK3510SE TLB, Package w/ Trailer & Attachments #89  
I have the Granite Grapple from RK

Only a 20' trailer including dove tail? Fits the whole TLB pretty good. I measure my setup at 22' with that 72" bush hog, so was looking for maybe a 24', but looking at your pics had me thinking I good go shorter.

Oh good point. It is probably a 20+2. I never measured it.