Pole Chainsaws

/ Pole Chainsaws #41  
We use pole saws to trim up loads of logs before we get out on the road with them.

/ Pole Chainsaws #44  
As far as I know, there are two styles of pole saws. One utilizes a sliding end that cam be pulled out or in and these require lots more materiel to construct. The other is more simple, just the power end that's about 4ft long and your attachments, which is about 4ft. This setup is easier to transport and weights much less. When we go into the field, this 8ft length non telescoping type takes care of 95% of the branches we need to get down and when broke down, fits in the back of our machine. In this pic, you can see an extra extension was added. We rarely do than but its now 11ft long.
pole saw Arly.jpg

/ Pole Chainsaws #45  
I started with stihl combi gas and switched to stihl combi electric last year. The electric is a lot quieter, lighter and easier to handle. I don't want to use the gas motor anymore.

/ Pole Chainsaws #46  
I started with stihl combi gas and switched to stihl combi electric last year. The electric is a lot quieter, lighter and easier to handle. I don't want to use the gas motor anymore.
Same here. I gave up the gas and went to electric for the same reason. I don't do a whole lot of heavy trimming anymore so the electric works just fine.

Since I already use DeWalt cordless tools, I have a ready supply of charged batteries. It was a no-brainer to go with this one:

/ Pole Chainsaws #47  
Same here. I gave up the gas and went to electric for the same reason. I don't do a whole lot of heavy trimming anymore so the electric works just fine.
Plus, no more mixing gas and 2 stokes oil!!

I like DeWalt...most my hand tools are DeWalt, but I've hade EGO for years and always (knock on wood!!) have had excellent experience with them

/ Pole Chainsaws #48  
Plus, no more mixing gas and 2 stokes oil!!

I like DeWalt...most my hand tools are DeWalt, but I've hade EGO for years and always (knock on wood!!) have had excellent experience with them
I had an EGO string trimmer that I used for several years until the battery gave out. It was a good tool but the cost of a replacement battery was almost as much as the DeWalt trimmer I bought on sale. Now I have just one charger and a single brand of battery.

/ Pole Chainsaws #49  
Milwaukee M18-
Likes, light and with 8AH battery lasts a long time (unlike with string trimmer head).
All metal construction. Oregon bar and chain easy to get. Extension easy to get on and solid lock. useful in wood up to 8", have used with a double sided cut up to 18", but this is slow.

Dislikes- chain does tend to loosen up over time, oiler output is low, backing plate for bar is soft and gets damaged if chain slips. Saw head is heavy with extension and can move around a bit until in the cut.

polAfter20210504_175853.jpg

/ Pole Chainsaws #50  
I've had Stihl HT 75 Pole Saw for probably around 20 years now and it has been 100% reliable & trouble free saw!

No battery powered ones for me thank you.

Each to his own.

HT 75.jpg