Kubota vs Kioti?

/ Kubota vs Kioti? #81  
That would be Yanmar, and the time is roughly the 1980s. By 1990 the reverse engineering was completed, and a decade after that Kubota was well in the lead in popular compact tractors.
Kubota beng so much better at merchandising didn't hurt either.
No reason why Kioti can't do the same.
All three companies do a lot of their own manufacturing in house. That's a plus for them all.
I think that Ford made compact tractors way before the 1980s

/ Kubota vs Kioti? #83  
No unfortunately I don't I live in a really small town (2000) just north of a couple smallish towns (80,000). There is a JD dealer and the Kubota dealer. Other than that, I have to run down the hill to Phoenix area where there are plenty of dealers. The close proximity of a good dealer is a big deal for me.....

No Bobcat dealer, either?

/ Kubota vs Kioti? #84  
The shade of Orange definitely has an impact on resale value here in the PNW.
Kubota values are higher on the pre-owned market and appear to sell much quicker.

Surprisingly, new prices between the two brands are virtually identical.

The owner of my company is currently selling his Kioti right now. It’s been on the market for several weeks now. Very nice tractor.

Mike
Regarding the statement that the new prices are "virutually identical," that was certainly NOT the case in 2016 when I bought my NX5510. I was able to get a cab for the price difference between it and a comparable Kubota (I didn't like the feel/layout of the open station on the Kubota- no idea what the cabbed version was, as the increased price would have been outside my target range). NOTE: I'm NOT bashing Kubota- I've got one (and I won't let go of it for anything; but, it's a different tool than my Kioti).

Regarding looking at resale value... I've STILL got my B7800 after about 11 years. And I've STILL got my NX5510 after 5 years. No plan on selling either. Yeah, one day when I'm too old to run them I'll probably have to sell, but who the F knows what things will be like at that point? (raise your hand if four years ago you were prescient enough to know what things are like today [yeah, right]) I buy stuff to USE; my intent is to use it until it's no longer usable: I put in all my time on research up front and have no interest in going through such rigors multiple times (if you're doing so then that could mean that your research abilities might need a bit of scrutiny).

/ Kubota vs Kioti? #85  
One question: the dealer suggested a 'bolt-on 60 inch cutting edge' for the front loader. What is this and do I need it for $335...?

Interesting .... that Kioti needs a bucket reinforcement cutting edge before it leaves the lot?

Some of us have a Materials bucket and a separate Digging bucket with teeth. I bought a used Bobcat SSL QA bucket for $200 and spent $200 more for CAT teeth to have an effective digging bucket. Swapping buckets with a QA FEL is much easier than trying to remove a tooth bar on a bucket.

I swap among the 2 buckets, my forks, and a trailer hitch receiver on a QA plate frequently. You might find moving rocks with forks is easier.

Don't forget you need to have hooks welded to the bucket top. This also may require a reinforcing plate. I bought the 4 hooks each time on eBay and dropped the bucket & hooks off at my welder. I did the paint when he was done.

It's easy to tell the operators that don't get the hooks welded, they have the buckets crunched in the middle. Some Kubota material buckets in the L series have a lip which can be used for chains, but it's a PIA.

Good luck with that Kioti!

/ Kubota vs Kioti? #86  
I don't need parts for my Kubota... ;)
How new is it though? Mine is 7 years old with about 750 hours, so far all that it's needed was fluids and filters.
OTOH I always find it comical when people have to start telling why Brand X is better than Kubota. It makes it plain who the top dog is, when everybody feels the need to knock them.

/ Kubota vs Kioti? #87  
Well I'm sitting on the quote/application now until Monday. Looks like it will be the Kioti 2610 unless something happens between now and then to change my mind. In large part, the decision was made easier because of the lack of Kubotas anywhere near me.

It looks like it will be a good fit as far as size, accessories, dealer, etc...

One question: the dealer suggested a 'bolt-on 60 inch cutting edge' for the front loader. What is this and do I need it for $335...?
Gratz I think you are making a well informed decision. Kioti is a great choice for a machine.

Cutting edge: If you are doing a blistering amount of loader work maybe. I had one on my M62 (comes standard) but didn’t get one on the L60…I do a decent amount but not blistering. If I wear it out Ill just sell it from steel scrap and get a new bucket.

/ Kubota vs Kioti? #89  
I do less work that impacts my loader edge than I used to, but even with moderate use I never came close to wearing out the welded on edge on my previous tractor.
I will add that having a replaceable edge does make adding a sacrificial edge like polyethylene much more convenient.

/ Kubota vs Kioti? #90  
Plowing snow can be hard on a bucket edge, especially on pavement.