Diesel Fuel Rationing?

/ Diesel Fuel Rationing? #101  
We can only guess as to how boned we'll be over the next few years, but I don't think most people have any idea.

/ Diesel Fuel Rationing? #102  
I watch futures and derivative markets. The Cushing OK oil depot has a minimum throughput of 20MM barrels operating capacity to push the oil through the pipelines. They are only currently processing 21.5MM barrels.

This throughput has never been this close before.

When California wants to stop combustion engines by 2035, and the G7 just said they to will outlaw combustion engines by 2035...is it no wonder the oil companies will not invest in future oil producing ventures.

We have at least a 50/50 chance of seeing some sort of fuel rationing by the 4th quarter of this year. SCARY!

/ Diesel Fuel Rationing? #103  
Tyranny, exactly why there was a 2nd amendment. Currently being manipulated by the tyrannists.
Fuel issues would not exist if Day One in office did not include a record number of Executive Orders 'unTrumping' everything. Let the fuel companies lease the land that they were leasing.

/ Diesel Fuel Rationing? #106  
so as long as it's a short recession we will be good by fall.
Good to have a positive outlook on it but I don't believe that will happen. I believe we are only beginning to get into a serious downturn, even a depression if the central government don't start showing some responsibility for their actions. Stuff is getting absurdly expensive.

/ Diesel Fuel Rationing? #107  
I saw a presentation last fall from the Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad company. They are starting construction to double the number of tracks on transcontinental routes and are planning to offer 2 day freight service from west coast ports to Chicago. They claim that each train can deliver the same freight as 165 trucks and do it for 25% of the diesel fuel used by those 165 trucks. They made the claim that they would be the primary mover of transcontinental freight within a decade, and trucks would be more short haul delivery. Interesting. I think it’s a great solution. Let’s see if this happens. They also stated that the Union Pacific Railway was planning similar things on their routes.
When I see a rail siding behind every mall and store, I'll believe it. Not gonna happen. trucks will still have to make the final deliveries and the rail is still inconsistent on deliveries.

case in point, one of my hunting buds owns a large propane storage facility not far from here and it has a rail siding that he rarely uses because the delivery of propane is hit and miss (rail) and the rail cost is about the same as trucking it. With trucks, he can actually schedule deliveries. With the rail, it could be 3 in the morning and the tank cars have to be empty within 48 hours of arrival of the rail starts charging detention fees. He stores gas for quite a few local operations, he owns and maintains 25 20K gallon bottles.

/ Diesel Fuel Rationing? #108  
We always prefer 'home grown' versus the supermarket irradiated, homogenized and who knows what else food they sell.