Critique what went wrong.

/ Critique what went wrong. #41  
I worry when people put out false info on the internet. Kind of a personal quest, but it's more like trying to be Atlas.

I don't let it bother me. Education isn't what it used to be, but the world still turns.

/ Critique what went wrong. #42  
Not for highway use…but nice try.
I didn't hear/see anyone mention that was a requirement. Not even YOU!

You said you never saw one. Now you have. Stop crying about it. :rolleyes:

Besides, the "1-ton" was just a figure of speech. The log, as you say, was more than 3 tons too. Just like 10lbs of BS in a 5lb bag.
I think you just like to argue. ;)

/ Critique what went wrong.
That ain't the South b/c no trees grow that big around down SC way?
20 miles south of here I'm in Louisiana. Im bad, I grew up in LA, Lower Arkansas.

/ Critique what went wrong. #46  
Gotta love instant karma.

And it had to be a small group of people all concluding this would be OK...
..or one total Einstein commanding hostages.

/ Critique what went wrong. #47  
If you own a lumber yard, nothing amazes you after two or three years. But probably the best try at amazing me, was customers stacking plywood on top of a stack of lumber then laying on top to hold the plywood down. Luckily I saw them before they got out of the yard gate. I already saw the plywood can fly trick from another yard out on the 4 lane. I was behind them when the “weight” flew off with the plywood, at about 60. Young GIs, a new meaning to road rash.

The Springs, man, the springs, what springs?

/ Critique what went wrong. #49  
BTW, it doesn't even need to be such a big log. By chaining the load just right to be wrong, it is possible to get the chain tension to ADD to the total bending load on the axle.
Gotta say that I thought I knew what you were saying, and I agreed the first time around, until I re-read it.

I thought you were saying, or intended to say, that the tension was adding to the bending load on the trailer bed. The reason I was thinking that is because I have seen that happen when I strapped down a utility tractor on my lowboy double-axle bumper pull. After tightening the chains, connected to the sides, I looked underneath to see the angle irons over the axle with a very visible bend in them.

/ Critique what went wrong. #50  
That dude had sum big wood there to take home to his honey…….