Starlink

/ Starlink #2,701  
A few months ago I remember seeing a coverage map that I ‘thought’ showed all cells with active ‘live’ coverage, not just availability or waitlist. That map showed me being south of a active/covered/live cell by 10-12 miles. If true then maybe that’s why I lose service during even modest rain showers. Just guessing.
:unsure:

This is interesting. According to the map in your link my area, Indiana, is a wait list area. I got my equipment back in April. I just relocated my dish to get less obstructions, but the speeds are dramatically reduced during prime/peak usage times.

/ Starlink #2,702  
This is interesting. According to the map in your link my area, Indiana, is a wait list area. I got my equipment back in April. I just relocated my dish to get less obstructions, but the speeds are dramatically reduced during prime/peak usage times.
Yes I wonder if the wait list is due to unsupported areas or the cells are already maxed out. I’m the only one around here that has ever heard of StarLink, but I don’t get out much. :giggle:

/ Starlink #2,703  
Just curious if anybody has got a system lately.
Seems like the I got mine post have dried up.

/ Starlink #2,704  
I ordered mine about 2 months ago and it arrived in about two weeks. Compared to Dish internet and Verizon internet, it’s way better. I can stream on two tvs, an iPad and my phone with no issues. I love it.

/ Starlink #2,705  
I have yet to permanently route the wire through my wall, so my modem/router sits in my garage, and I only use WiFi to it. Other than that, it works, but low WiFi signal at other end of house.

/ Starlink #2,706  
I have yet to permanently route the wire through my wall, so my modem/router sits in my garage, and I only use WiFi to it. Other than that, it works, but low WiFi signal at other end of house.
Instead of running the wire to through the wall you could use and extender, or better yet a Mesh router. Starlink has Mesh routers, which do not have the most advanced features as other brands, but it links easily with StarLink.

We are going to get one of the StarLink Mesh units to see if it will help improve connection speeds, which is really silly since the performance is more than adequate, and to see if we can push the WiFi signal a bit farther from the house.

Later,
Dan

/ Starlink #2,707  
Instead of running the wire to through the wall you could use and extender, or better yet a Mesh router. Starlink has Mesh routers, which do not have the most advanced features as other brands, but it links easily with StarLink.

We are going to get one of the StarLink Mesh units to see if it will help improve connection speeds, which is really silly since the performance is more than adequate, and to see if we can push the WiFi signal a bit farther from the house.

Later,
Dan

I’m talking about the cable that goes to dishy needs to go through the wall. Right now it goes under my garage door. Once it goes thru the wall the starlink router will be where my current internet enters, so it will be cabled.

/ Starlink #2,708  
Just curious if anybody has got a system lately.
Seems like the I got mine post have dried up.
I ordered Feb 2021 and just received mine a couple of weeks ago. It's fabulous! I've got it mounted and the cable strung and added a SL mesh router. Works like a charm and sooo much better than the DSL was.

/ Starlink #2,709  
Question for the more experienced than me. How often does your dish reboot itself?

Mine did it yesterday afternoon then again early this morning. I have only noticed it doing it one other time. I wonder what conditions cause it to reboot without being prompted.

/ Starlink #2,710  
Question for the more experienced than me. How often does your dish reboot itself?

Mine did it yesterday afternoon then again early this morning. I have only noticed it doing it one other time. I wonder what conditions cause it to reboot without being prompted.
FWIW, my Gen 2 system will reboot whenever it encounters a significant obstruction which lasts for more than a couple of minutes. Any interruption in the cable between the router and dish will also cause a reboot. You might try checking your connectors.

This has been my experience anyway in the 5 months I've had my system operational.