/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements
Nah, not staged, dude! I'll look for the video footage. lol
Travis
I dunno. Those are awfully neat rows of asphalt. Grapples can do that? I don't see the angles on the grapple to do that. Just sayin. The picture just strikes me as odd at first sight. Something just isn't right.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #72  
I dunno. Those are awfully neat rows of asphalt. Grapples can do that? I don't see the angles on the grapple to do that. Just sayin. The picture just strikes me as odd at first sight. Something just isn't right.
Not staged, but it was a pile of already broken asphalt, and he was dozing through and raking with all of the tractor's weight on the lid.
Just a quick test of the brand new(at the time) Wickeder lid.

Here's another still. I have the vid on my computer, but I can't find it in the facebook group!!! #StillLookin
Travis

20210521_084513s.jpg

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #74  

If you Google "HLA grapple YouTube" there are numerous videos to watch.

If you Google "HLA grapple YouTube" there are numerous videos to watch.
My Kioti dealer was selling HLA grapples. I forget what they quoted me but it was for an older model.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #77  
I don't really doubt in my mind that the EA is stronger. I guess the need to have a grapple now, or at least soon, makes me wonder if the extra 2+ month wait and the extra $1000 and I have to pick it up at a business or terminal is worth what might be a minimally better product. I'll be using the grapple for brush, moving logs around for milling and stones and will be doing this for the foreseeable future on my property. Not sure how much I'll use it as a root rake. At least not in open fields. I can see using the tines on a box blade more for that. That being said I'm doing ok with my poor man's grapple(forks) but really wanting/needing the precision and ability to move larger loads.
There is an old saying that I have found to ring true, "Buy the best, you only cry once". I have never regretted buying a very good tool, I have regretted and re-bought inferior ones. When that happens there is no savings in $ and lots of frustration that could be avoided. A purchase that will last you a life time mat well be worth the wait, as you may want to live with it for a life time!

There is an old saying that I have found to ring true, "Buy the best, you only cry once". I have never regretted buying a very good tool, I have regretted and re-bought inferior ones. When that happens there is no savings in $ and lots of frustration that could be avoided. A purchase that will last you a life time mat well be worth the wait, as you may want to live with it for a life time!
Probably true in most circumstances. I have to consider what the delay means for getting jobs done that need to be done now or at least soon. Paying someone is one option. Renting equipment is another. In the end both leave me with a job done but nothing to use for future projects or simply resell. Now, buying an 'inferior' product, which is a subjective determination, would allow me to get the job done sooner and I would have a piece of equipment I can continue to use until the 'premium' equipment comes in. Once that happens I can resell the current equipment. I won't get the same price as new but the work I get done is going to be worth more than what I will lose out when reselling. Of course I could end up beating the crap out of my 'inferior' product where no one wants to buy it but I suspect there is always someone with the resources to restore it to a condition that meets their needs.

I guess you couyld also argue that I could just keep it and use it for those projects that have a high likelihood of damaging the equipment and just use the 'premium' product for regular safe use.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #79  
Probably true in most circumstances. I have to consider what the delay means for getting jobs done that need to be done now or at least soon. Paying someone is one option. Renting equipment is another. In the end both leave me with a job done but nothing to use for future projects or simply resell. Now, buying an 'inferior' product, which is a subjective determination, would allow me to get the job done sooner and I would have a piece of equipment I can continue to use until the 'premium' equipment comes in. Once that happens I can resell the current equipment. I won't get the same price as new but the work I get done is going to be worth more than what I will lose out when reselling. Of course I could end up beating the crap out of my 'inferior' product where no one wants to buy it but I suspect there is always someone with the resources to restore it to a condition that meets their needs.

I guess you couyld also argue that I could just keep it and use it for those projects that have a high likelihood of damaging the equipment and just use the 'premium' product for regular safe use.

If the "inferior" product works to get the job done then why bother ordering the "premium" one. Even if the grapple is banged up and rough looking, you would still be able to get a decent portion of your money back, at least at the auctions around here.

The only issue I would have with a "premium" product is that it might tempt me to push my tractor to do more than it is capable of. I would much rather have an implement break than something on my tractor. I know I have to be careful when using my grapple as it can handle way more abuse than my tractor could. I don't use it to push over trees or anything like that. I use it to pick up manure and logs and brush.

If the "inferior" product works to get the job done then why bother ordering the "premium" one. Even if the grapple is banged up and rough looking, you would still be able to get a decent portion of your money back, at least at the auctions around here.

The only issue I would have with a "premium" product is that it might tempt me to push my tractor to do more than it is capable of. I would much rather have an implement break than something on my tractor. I know I have to be careful when using my grapple as it can handle way more abuse than my tractor could. I don't use it to push over trees or anything like that. I use it to pick up manure and logs and brush.
Very true.