Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,052  
RNG it could always be worse;

Cholesterol is also very much a genetic issue as well as a diet and weight issue.

Cholesterol 138 mg/dL (at one time it was over 200)
HDL 24 mg/dL
Triglycerides 269mg/dL (it's been as high as 380 this summer)
LDL-Cholesterol 76mg/dL

/ Good morning!!!! #182,053  
Fingers 🤞nasty weather will delay for the event.
Good Evening Thomas,
No its an indoor event, so we should be OK !

Frits, I wish that I had started this German thing years ago, while my grand parents were still alive ! My father only really spoke a few words of German, so he couldnt help me much ! Back in the day when I was a boy, there was a bunch of old Germans alive in our family, but unfortunately they all have passed on ! I do agree with your statement ! I have been advised to try reading some simpler German books to improve my vocabulary also ! So I am planning on doing that !

Hope all have a blessed evening !

/ Good morning!!!! #182,054  
I have heard that raw oatmeal is good against cholesterol, I eat a 1/2 cup every morning for breakfast, usually with apple juice on it. I don't cook it. I don't know if that is true or not, but I've been doing it for about 10 years. As for my cholesterol level? I have no idea.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,055  
Good Morning!!!! Well, actually lunch time...
66F here in Orcutt, CA.
Sunshine and a few afternoon clouds. High 68F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.

Managed to unpack the van and trailer yesterday, my reward is a sore back today. Enjoyed a nice dinner with my buddy, now have unpacking scheduled for the rest of the day.

Got an interesting offer from the local water supplier offering a huge discount on a network enabled water meter monitor. Think I'll take advantage of it.

Not sure what else I'll get into today, if anything.

Looks delicious, but it also looks like a heart attack on a plate...😳🤭😂
Real-time water usage monitoring in California?

i’d stash a couple of poly drums of water in the garage, just in case…

/ Good morning!!!! #182,056  
Hello

It's not yet time to wake up. But I couldn't help myself. Recently it started that after those business trips with early flights I have experienced a kind of a sleeping disorder for a week or so.
Went to Supercharger, so here I am. Sunday morning 0500

And my second daughter yesterday has witnessed drama. I am pretty much shaken either. Really cant sleep, lot of thoughts

Here some pictures link. My daughter is in yellow jacket, with headphones.

For Saturday mornings she is attending to some kind of school of excellence. Like a pre-school for university.
At 1400 school ended, she with few more students stayed on sidewalk at bus stop, were waiting for bus. Then suddenly out of the blue that red Nissan jumped on sidewalk and started to drive there. First he hit one boy and then - girl standing near bench. Both classmates of my daughter. She was like 1/2 meter on the side, jumped in the snow.
Boy is hurt very badly
Girl died at scene

"pilot" is born in y1932., you can see him in those pictures too

From one hand I am thankful to all the forces, God almighty, etc that my daughter is not hurt physically.
But I am super angry on police. They arrived very fast, few minutes, helped paramedics and then started to interview witnesses. My daughter were the one standing closest to the scene.
Anyway, she is minor, 16 y/o only, police can't talk with her without parents presence.
But still they started to take statement with questions like - why haven't you helped that girl ? jeeez, her head was smashed, she was lying on the ground not moving ...

I am a master of many trades, but I am not shining on talking (with teenage daughters). Sometimes with her we exchange only few words per day. Wife is taking good care for them. I just hope she could manage this either. Yesterday afternoon daughter came back home and has stayed in her room all evening. Sleeping.

We still have a lot of snow, I will make tracks and do some country-skiing with her. Other than that - have no ideas what to do

Sorry for bringing it up, but needed to share it somehow ...

/ Good morning!!!! #182,057  
Hello

It's not yet time to wake up. But I couldn't help myself. Recently it started that after those business trips with early flights I have experienced a kind of a sleeping disorder for a week or so.

And my second daughter yesterday has witnessed drama. I am pretty much shaken either. Really cant sleep, lot of thoughts

For Saturday mornings she is attending to some kind of school of excellence. Like a pre-school for university.
At 1400 school ended, she with few more students stayed on sidewalk at bus stop, were waiting for bus. Then suddenly out of the blue that red Nissan jumped on sidewalk and started to drive there. First he hit one boy and then - girl standing near bench. Both classmates of my daughter. She was like 1/2 meter on the side, jumped in the snow.
Boy is hurt very badly
Girl died at scene

From one hand I am thankful to all the forces, God almighty, etc that my daughter is not hurt physically.
But I am super angry on police. They arrived very fast, few minutes, helped paramedics and then started to interview witnesses. My daughter were the one standing closest to the scene.
Anyway, she is minor, 16 y/o only, police can't talk with her without parents presence.
But still they started to take statement with questions like - why haven't you helped that girl ? jeeez, her head was smashed, she was lying on the ground not moving ...

I am a master of many trades, but I am not shining on talking (with teenage daughters). Sometimes with her we exchange only few words per day. Wife is taking good care for them. I just hope she could manage this either. Yesterday afternoon daughter came back home and has stayed in her room all evening. Sleeping.

We still have a lot of snow, I will make tracks and do some country-skiing with her. Other than that - have no ideas what to do

Wow, sorry for classmates. Prayers for all

/ Good morning!!!! #182,058  
Hello

Boy is hurt very badly
Girl died at scene

So sorry your daughter had to witness such a tragic event. The way the police interviewed her was very cruel in making her feel guilty. With neck or back injury the patient should not be moved except by trained paramedics. Prayers for your daughter so she can resolve this.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,059  
Good evening ~ Disced the neighbors field again and leveled it with the new drag. Finally it is ready for next yrs mowing after I collect the biggest of the rocks. It never looked so good to me. Worth the effort. Ground squirrels over there looked as big as cats. They must be feeding on grain at the other neighbors horse ranch? I'm guessing because the aren't coming this way with no stock and feral cats looking to kill whatever moves. lol. Temperatures dropping fast tonight. Took the dog out and nearly froze, 50º at 8:30. Down 25º already from todays high.
Homemade from scrap drag worked good. Have a good night.

Attachments

• IMG_3578.JPG
    IMG_3578.JPG
    338.2 KB · Views: 43
   / Good morning!!!! #182,060  
Good evening all. 46ºF for the start, partly cloudy, breezy. Windy, sky cleared off and high temp was 60ºF. Bike ride to start day, 65 miles. Did get nap in, motivation ran and hid to tire to read posts and respond, more tomorrow.