What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?
20240206_102927.jpg

Load #6

Last load for the day #13. Trail is now open after 7 years closed. I never would have attempted this job without the Baby-Digger.
20240206_180349.jpg

It got up to 58* today.. More digging-- 27 hours now. My only complaint is the dirt sticking to the inside of bucket around the tooth bolts. Going to remove them and see if that helps.

20240207_163603.jpg

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #324  
I'm trying to decide between a mini digger like this and a John Deere 690. Not very similar but I have uses for both

I'm trying to decide between a mini digger like this and a John Deere 690. Not very similar but I have uses for both
One thing I know for sure is that I use mine a lot more than I thought I would. I would definitely replace it if something happened to it.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #326  
Never tried it, but some have suggested that spray on cooking oil will help dirt not to stick.

Never tried it, but some have suggested that spray on cooking oil will help dirt not to stick.
If it's not raining tomorrow, I will try it. Thanks for the tip! (y)
20240208_104017.jpg

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #328  
There's an H18 at auction sale nearby. Looked at it yesterday in the rain so no pictures, but I saw what looked like a lot of grease on top of the rails that support the tracks on both sides under the house. My first suspicion was the hydraulic track tensioners, but the machine is supposed to have about 17 hours on it, and there's a lot of grease to my thinking.

I borrowed your picture to mark the approximate area of where I saw the grease. But it's the same situation on both sides.

Besides the track tensioners, could this be coming from the mechanism that turns the house?

or just normal mess with these machines?

BD.jpg

There's an H18 at auction sale nearby. Looked at it yesterday in the rain so no pictures, but I saw what looked like a lot of grease on top of the rails that support the tracks on both sides under the house. My first suspicion was the hydraulic track tensioners, but the machine is supposed to have about 17 hours on it, and there's a lot of grease to my thinking.

I borrowed your picture to mark the approximate area of where I saw the grease. But it's the same situation on both sides.

Besides the track tensioners, could this be coming from the mechanism that turns the house?

or just normal mess with these machines?

View attachment 851555
Thats interesting.. I have no grease on the areas you are talking about, and I have 30 hours on mine.
If the tensioners are bad and leaking, its possible the grease would fall onto the track. My thoughts are someone saw the Zirk on the tensioner and didn't know better and over-greased it.

If you want to see if the tensioners are blown out, try moving the machine and make a few sharp turns. That should loosen the track and you then know the tensioner is bad.

I don't think the turntable is close enough to the track to be the cause.

Some people have complained about squeaking tracks, maybe he thought grease would help.
I hope we find out.

This simple mod lowered the temp. in the engine compartment over 50*.
20240213_154012.jpg