1710 Ford Hydraulics Problem

/ 1710 Ford Hydraulics Problem #1  

Renegade1400

Tractor
1710-1720 Ford??
My 1710 Ford front loader lift has no power. Actually it won't even lift without red lining the tach unless I fully raise the 3 point hitch. Then when the 3 point hitch is raised the front loader goes up whether trying to raise or lower. I have to lower the 3 point slightly to make down work. Bucket curl is fine and strong, except it is slower when 3 point is fully raised. Hydraulic fluid level is fine. Up and down was working properly until I replaced seals in curl hydraulic cylinders. And I never disconnected any lines to do seal replacement.

Completely lost

/ 1710 Ford Hydraulics Problem #2  
Do you have a manual. I had exact same tractor,there is a valve that diverts hydraulic flow from the front ( loader) to the rear, (3 pt hitch) . It is only a 1/4 turn max to divert from front to rear. If memory serves me correctly it is on the passenger side of the tractor. Have to get off the tractor walk around to the passenger side,use a 5/16 straight screwdriver 🪛to move the valve,it only has a 2 mm roll pin through it so DONT try to turn it more than 1/4 turn ,or you will break the roll pin, requiring taking the valve off to get the broken roll pin out of the valve,don't ask how I know this. Even the larger 1920 Fords have this but you don't have have to get off seat as Ford got smart and put this in reach. These years/ series Fords are made by Shibyurya ? Japanese made Ford tractors, I think from 83 to 88,may be off on these dates. That is the reason I got rid off it. My dad bought it and I inherited it. You will work your ass off getting on and off the seat,and YES it does make a difference in the hydraulic power to the front/rear hydraulic system, whichever one you are using. Good luck and DON'T turn thar damn screw to far either way. Look for the valve and you will find it.

/ 1710 Ford Hydraulics Problem
Thank You. No manual but I will try to figure it out. At least I have a lead now.

I purchased a owners manual but it doesn't tell me nothing about any kind of adjustment for hydraulics besides the knob under the seat front to slow down the movement of the 3-point. The only place I can even find lines going to rear of tractor is on a box down under right foot rest. It distributes oil to front loader and 3-point, but only has connections and a plug. Nothing for a screwdriver.

/ 1710 Ford Hydraulics Problem #5  
My tractor was a 1983 year model,didn't come with a roll bar,bought one off of EPay, didn't say what year ur tractor was. The plastic headlight bucket was broken and I took the bolt out and the resulting hole in the fender was where the screwdriver 🪛 rode. On my tractor a steel hydraulic line ran under the footrest, the line was terminated into a small squareish " box" that had 2 bolts and the fitting that held the slotted pice that the screwdriver 🪛 turned. This was covered in the Factory Original manual that pop had to buy for me to work on his tractor before I got it, this was described in great detail in the manual. I still have a NIB Ertel steel scale model Ford 1710 tractor. I just went and looked at it and it shows this in detail. It was a cheesy assed setup from Ford and was probably changed on later models. My pops best friend had a Japanese Ford 1920 that had a lever on the right side of the tractor that did the same thing as the screwdriver option. You didn't have to get off the 1920 tractor to switch the hydraulic from front to rear like the 1710. Had to replace the hydraulic pump on the 1710,pump was 600.00 in 1990s money,, and had to be ordered,had to also order some kind of updated relocation kit to fix this. The Ford tech said these tractors were all problematic bc the pumps were way to small, not enough flow to run both front and rear systems at same time. Not trying to hate on your tractor, just relating my experiences with this particular tractor. Good luck on all your projects.

/ 1710 Ford Hydraulics Problem #6  
Oh and yes. Even after the new pump you still had to Rev tractor way up to make the hydraulics work. If my memories serve me correctly, the power steering is also powered by the same pump. Also my tractor was 4 wd. Ran the guts out of it and had 3000 + hrs on it when traded in 2015. Wish I could remember what the other stuff was for that I had to buy when replacing the hydraulic pump,even called around but couldn't find anyone to rebuild the pump. If I remember anything else will post.

To the best of my knowledge mine is a 1987, 2 wheel drive, supposedly an early model 1715 or 1720. I can't remember for sure what the Ford tractor dealer told me. Everything worked great, 3-point and front loader at same time, plenty of power, could lift front of tractor off the ground with down power or curl power, until I replaced seals in curl hydraulic cylinders. Now just have up and down problem.