2017 F150

/ 2017 F150 #1  

sld

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1210 / Ford 1710
My 2015 Taurus is in the shop this week to restitch some of the front passenger seat leather. The dealer gave me a 2017 F150 Supercrew 4x4 with the 2.7 ecoboost and only 600 miles on it.

After driving it a few days I will say it is a very, very nice truck. That little engine is extremely powerful too. It is a fast truck!

But...I would not trade straight across (ignoring relative cash value) for my 70k mileage F250. I don't like the mirrors, the driving position as I think my seat goes back further, and it's a 5.5' box. The headroom is not near as much either. It also sits lower than my stock truck. Some things are hard to describe but I prefer the "driveabiltiy" of my V10.

It's hard to quantify but I don't think it rides all that much better than my F250 due to my longer wheelbase. It is definitely quieter and has a few more gadgets. But after driving for 5 days and then driving my V10, I would rather keep mine. I would love to hook up a trailer to that 2.7 and see what it does. I am sure it would pull it great. That little engine is amazing!

The day is coming but I will keep driving mine for 3 more years or so. If the new f250's had a new iteration of the V10 I might've pulled the trigger already.

Overall, a very nice truck. Just not nice enough to spend more than twice what I have is worth.

/ 2017 F150 #2  
F150 is for suburbanites and housewives. Not a tough truck. Plus if you buy into the whole start-stop configuration get ready to replace a lot of starters and probably batteries. No more F150 for me.

/ 2017 F150
Part of the reason I like my 07 F250 better is that it is physically bigger than an F150. For 2017, both trucks will be sharing the same body panels and are virtually the same size.

Regarding the start/stop feature, which I don't like, they do have very beefy starters and batteries.

/ 2017 F150 #4  
F150 is for suburbanites and housewives. Not a tough truck. Plus if you buy into the whole start-stop configuration get ready to replace a lot of starters and probably batteries. No more F150 for me.

I must be a lost suburbanite or a housewife living in rural Minnesota because I use my F150 to tow stuff and need a 4x4 so I don't die of exposure in the winter.

/ 2017 F150 #6  
Life threatening weather LOL.

It never ceases to amaze me what people will take the time to videotape themselves doing and then post to you tube. I don't get it but I guess some just enjoy the attention it brings. Also might explain using your actual pic as an avi.

/ 2017 F150 #7  
Life threatening weather LOL.

It never ceases to amaze me what people will take the time to videotape themselves doing and then post to you tube. I don't get it but I guess some just enjoy the attention it brings. Also might explain using your actual pic as an avi.

In 2011 people didn't believe a 1/2 ton could haul ten or eleven thousand pounds. Thus the video.

/ 2017 F150 #8  
We have 3 F150s at work and a co-worker bought one also. Her husband put a fairly small lift on her truck and I think its just the right height now. Stock they sit pretty low. If you don't go off road, it probably doesn't make any difference.

/ 2017 F150 #9  
Yeah, that looks like life threatening weather for sure.....:)

The black circle is where I'm at and my weather station is reporting to Wunderground my local temperature. In Northern MN we have what we refer to as the polar peninsula--which is an area where we end up with the identical weather conditions as our friendly Canadian neighbors to our north from the jet stream habitually dipping down through central Minnesota. Imagine winding up in a rural ditch and suddenly you'll understand why a truck with 4x4 is necessary.

30783844464_e4f9b29575_o.jpg

Last edited:
   / 2017 F150 #10  
How cold is it going to be on Thursday?