2017 F150

/ 2017 F150
Hi of -6 Friday here with a low of -22 degrees. Coupled with 20-30 mph gusts it will be, well, cold.... :)

That's colder than a well digger's arse in Wyoming!

/ 2017 F150 #15  
4x4 is nice, but far from necessary. I would take a set of Nokian winter tires or chains over 4x4 any day. An old neighbor would go places you wouldn't believe with his early 70s Ford 1/2 ton. He would throw tire chains on one of his rear tires and push snow with the bumper.

The black circle is where I'm at and my weather station is reporting to Wunderground my local temperature. In Northern MN we have what we refer to as the polar peninsula--which is an area where we end up with the identical weather conditions as our friendly Canadian neighbors to our north from the jet stream habitually dipping down through central Minnesota. Imagine winding up in a rural ditch and suddenly you'll understand why a truck with 4x4 is necessary.

30783844464_e4f9b29575_o.jpg

/ 2017 F150 #16  
4x4 is nice, but far from necessary. I would take a set of Nokian winter tires or chains over 4x4 any day. An old neighbor would go places you wouldn't believe with his early 70s Ford 1/2 ton. He would throw tire chains on one of his rear tires and push snow with the bumper.

It took 4 days for my road to get plowed out from our first storm.

/ 2017 F150 #19  
Ford gave me specs on what the F150 could tow with the max tow package and the 3.5 Eco Boost. The number was suitable for my needs, but the truck itself was light when compared to the heavy duty trucks. My wife heard the salesman talk about stopping a heavy trailer, so she voted "no" on the F150. Since we are equal partners, we shopped elsewhere even though the F150 was cheaper. Now I have a truck that weighs 7,500 pounds with large disk brakes all around and more torque than the F150 offered - at a higher price. It is not that the F150 doesn't have the power. It has a lot to do with the confidence that it can do ALL that I might need.

/ 2017 F150 #20  
The front rotors on a F-150 are slightly larger than a F-250 .