2305 won't start

/ 2305 won't start #1  

Patches

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti 3054xs TLB
Neighbor has a 4 yr old 2305 and it won't start. He said he backed it into his garage, pulled the throttle back to idle it for a minute and it died and would not refire. He changed the fuel filter, which was kind of nasty, but it still won't start; turns over fine, but no fire and or no smoke. Looks like a no fuel situation to me? I'm reasonable handy with engines(gas), but have little diesel experience. Checked all the safety switches and they all seem to be functional. I noticed a small lever on the side of the fuel pump(not the injector pump)but can't find any info as to it's use.Any help would be greatly appreciated:confused2:

/ 2305 won't start #3  
Buy a Kubota:D:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::thumbsup:

Sorry....could not resist.

/ 2305 won't start #4  
Not sure where to tell you where to look on that model, but if it is none of the safteys, check the fuel shutoff solenoid. Not sure if it is a typical JD problem but I have know a few on JD's to malfunction. Just last week we had to change one on a friends 790. All kinds of burnt crispies when we pulled the solenoid out.

/ 2305 won't start #5  
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 2305 Fuel Supply Diag.JPG
    2305 Fuel Supply Diag.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 3,357
  • 2305 Fuel Supply.JPG
    2305 Fuel Supply.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 733
   / 2305 won't start #6  
Check fuses ,does he have dash lights if not blown fuse. Fuses up above fuel filter...Just right and up from fuel filter is fuel solenoid..2 or 3 bolts has wiring going to it,and I think 10mm. unbolt and see if tractor will start... If it starts you can put your finger in hole where fuel solenoid came from and push it will shut the fuel off and engine will quit...If it starts unplug fuel solenoid from electric conn. and put 12v to solenoid it will pull in and remove voltage it will let pin return to normal if it is good. May have to remove the bolts holding panel under dash still on right side .....
If it is good,,,,could be a diode where electric conn is at our very close to this ..
There is also a test you can do to see if fuel solenoid is good without removing... off tractor but other tells you tractor will at least start.
below is link when mine quit running while mowing....
There is alot of useful info ...on both pages
Good luck !!!!!
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=144002

/ 2305 won't start
Thanks etcallhome, very straightforward fuel solenoid test procedure from Xcopterdoc. We'll give it a try today :thumbsup: and thanks to all who responded, even the wise a$$es :p

Last edited:
   / 2305 won't start
Update on the no-start 2305; the fuel solenoid seems to functioning and we have fuel to the injector pump, but, nothing beyond. It's presently at the selling dealer, whose Service Manager said he has never seen a 2305 with a bad injector pump; let's hope he's right

/ 2305 won't start #10  
would it start with fuel solenoid off.??? I'm still wondering if a diode is bad..
Keeps us informed..
ET