24 foot rollback ideas

/ 24 foot rollback ideas #21  
Woody, I'd love to get a better view of your bucket brush sickle mower and you opinion of it!
(if that is what I see on the far side of your bucket)

/ 24 foot rollback ideas
Sabre on Ebay (13.jpgSabre on Ebay (10.jpgIMAG0479.jpg

these are some older pictures of it, there is a discussion on here about it some where. it is not as tough as I would like it to be but it cut my driveway trimming way down from what it was and I can do it by myself. I used it today over at my grandson's while I was there bush hogging.

/ 24 foot rollback ideas #23  
Thanks Aaron, I did back it up some more, the wheel on the mower was up to the angle iron just in front of the winch. I moved it before I chained it down. It pulled better than I expected on the way down and I turned it around on the way back I felt every bump on my way home so I stopped a few miles from the house and slid the bed back a foot and it helped but was still to heavy on the tongue.
Despite what the builder said, I would not slide the deck back and drive down the road unless there is a way to pin it in place. If you have to do a panic stop, that will be a LOT of pressure on the hydraulic system and it could blow out a line which would let the deck suddenly side forward.
That could cause the weight to shift suddenly which could cause a crash.

Aaron Z

/ 24 foot rollback ideas
hey I finally got the box moved and even if it does not help with the heavy tongue I like it better back there close to the wheel had to rewire my remote so I made me a holder, and when I load the tractor I'll just reach out and loser the trailer before I get off the tractor or whatever I am loading. that moves the box back about 7.5 feet. RollBack (14).jpgRollBack (13).jpg

/ 24 foot rollback ideas #25  
Woody,
I just looked back at your pics in post 1 and 18 and I see your not using a weight distribution hitch. That would help a lot with a trailer like that. I use one for my dump trailer. I don't need it when its empty but when I go get a load I do. You'll probably have to add some C channel to mount the saddles but it would be a big help to solve the heavy tongue.

/ 24 foot rollback ideas
Thanks George, I have been looking into them, never used one before and I was told there are some that have to be disconnected before you back up I want to make sure I don't get into that.

/ 24 foot rollback ideas
Dodge 2015 (1).jpgDodge 2015.jpg

okay I may not have fixed the over weight tongue but I sure helped it, 2015 Ram 3500

/ 24 foot rollback ideas #28  
On etrailer.com you can filter your search for WDHs that allow you to backup connected.

/ 24 foot rollback ideas
On etrailer.com you can filter your search for WDHs that allow you to backup connected.

Thanks I have been looking but I have not hauled anything but an empty trailer with the Ram 3500, I will see how it handles it.

/ 24 foot rollback ideas
After doing errands most of today I finally got out to the shop and being tired of asking the builder to repair the brakes I started looking at it myself and this is what I found right off. one set of wires were pulled so tight I don't see how they were still connected.

RollBack (15).jpgRollBack (16).jpg